What's new

E.T. Collector's Box set/single-disc 2002 edition re-issue question (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I just bought a used 4-disc gift set of E.T. from Amazon.com (seller: inetvideo.com) and it's missing the 2002 special edition disc. Even worse, the first disc of the Pearl Harbor: Vista Series set is in its place.

I'm emailed them about it, but if they can't give me a replacement, what should I do? Can Universal send me a replacement disc? Is the single-disc of the 2002 version the same (maybe I can ask inetvideo to send me that as a replacement)?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The recent single disc release is a little different but may be a good alternative. I think the gift set version of the SE disc has the John Williams score track, the space exploration feature, and an intro from Spielberg. The single disc version has the first two features (as well as a few others that are included elsewhere on the gift set) but doesn't include the intro.

The intro really isn't much anyway. Maybe a minute or two of Spielberg saying that he cringed at some of the worst special effects shots and how this and his obligation as a parent led him to make changes to the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks