E-Ring series premiere

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I have no idea how they are going to stretch this into a season's worth of compelling dramas about how decisions are made in the E-Ring at the Pentagon.

I thought Jim's (Benjamin Bratt) closing plea to the Joint Chiefs of Staff was a card that you can't always play because pretty much everyone wants to believe you never leave a man behind enemy lines.

Dennis Hopper will probably be wasted in this show, but he might have some fun if he plays it not so straight.

This concept, seems to me, would be better suited as a 6-hour mini-series, not as an ongoing show.

2. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

This is the first new show of the season that I didn't even make it to the end of. I was so bored with it that I stopped and deleted at the 20 minute mark. I liked the black aide but I found Benjamin Bratt's character annoying and the plot needed a lot of help.

I think you're right, Patrick, that this would have worked better as a mini-series. With it up against the mammoth Lost I don't look for it to last very long.

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I think it's going to need more characters than Bratt, Hopper, and Ellis. There's potential, if you get into Pentagon politics just as much as the action adventure. I think we'll start to see that with Kelly Rutherford added to the cast next week.

I mean, The Agency ran on CBS for two years without getting too stale; there's no reason E-Ring can't do the same.

4. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I just watched the first episode this morning - it is not bad. I think they really rely on Bratt for centerpiece of the show when they may need to help establish some other central characters. I loved the bicyle bit.

Ryan