What's new

Dynaudio *melt* - what are your thoughts? (1 Viewer)

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Paul, you meantion that you want the 42's obviously because of the sound. Then you say you are comparing them to the Studio 40's because they are in the same price range.
But you also mention you want something for half the price, IE you mentioned B&W 303 etc.
So are you saying the Dyn's sound similar to the B&W 303's? That would be awefull :) Anyway, what I am getting at is you should demo the Dahlquist speakers. Seriously another Canadian speaker you should be able to find in Calgary, I fell in love with the sound. They are inexpensive (about half the price of the Dyn's). I have the QX6, sounds WAY better than the B&W 303's and they are the same price.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Me'Shell Ndegeocello is one of my favorites. The CD is Peace Beyond Passion. I never thought of using it as demo material before. I'll have to give it another listen. Personally I think her best stuff is her debut album "Plantation Lullabies" and "Bitter". I'm a bass player and she's an absolute MONSTER on bass so that's how I got into her work. Her latest is very angry, I don't like it much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks