Dynaudio Audience 82: Need some advice

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Satyam, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Satyam

Satyam Extra

Hi,

I have a friend who is thinking of getting these speakers, and will be powering them with a anthem PVA 7 - i.e,105*7watts per ch.

The thing is he cannot audition these speakers but has been told that they are much better than the JBL312s he's leaning towards, I checked the specs on the dynaudio and they have 4 OHM drivers and the PVA has only 140 rms per ch at 4 OHM.

Would the anthem be able to drive them with ease or he is better off buying the JBL setup.

PS:He would be going for a full 7.1 setup with Audience 52 as his surrounds and rear and a Audience 122C Center.

Thanks,
    Satyam

2. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

if the anthem only supplied 105 watts to the dynaudios your friend would be perfectly allright. so, it's all the better that the anthem pumps out 140 watts into the 4 ohm dynaudios.

so...he should be fine with the dynaudios

3. Satyam

Satyam Extra

Thx for your reply Jason, but could someone tell me is Dynaudio Audience really better compared to Jbl Studio series?

thx,
    satyam

4. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

price aside...i think almost everyone here (maybe not phil I.[​IMG]) would choose the dynaudios over the JBL studio series if they have the proper equipment to run them on (and your friend does).

but, in this part of the world the dynaudios are considerably more expensive than the JBL studio series. if the dynaudios are less than double the price of the studio series...i would see them as being a good deal. maybe even less than 3x the price...

5. Troy R

Troy R Stunt Coordinator

I own the Dynaudio 1.3mkII from the contour series (the series about the Audience). The Dynaudio's will outclass the JBL's in every single way. tell your friend to get them and don't look back! He won't be dissapointed!

6. Sihan Goi

Sihan Goi Second Unit

The Contour series is way better than the Audience series, they're not even close, so just because the Contour series is good doesn't mean the Audience series is too [​IMG]

That being said, the Audience 82 is still pretty good. However, I would take a PSB Stratus Silveri or Goldi over it. Also check out the Paradigm Studio/100 for the price.