What's new

Dynasty - The Official Thread for all things Carrington & Colby (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I liked Oxenberg's portrayal of Amanda as a sourpuss. ;)

It seemed like Cellini's portrayal was like a very different person, even ignoring the change in Amanda's accent.
But Amanda wasn't initially played as a sourpuss. She was a very sweet young woman. I enjoyed and appreciated that Karen gave us that quality back in her portrayal of Amanda.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Amazon has a product page in place for the Complete Series but no pre-order as yet...

It's up now for $97.19 (MSRP $118.99). I already own the first 5 seasons, so I'll pass for now. I'm sure the price will go down even more if I wait a few months.

https://www.amazon.com/Dynasty-Comp...20&imprToken=blx6ZSEpq7zaOs4O-tXOaQ&slotNum=0

In the meantime, here's a great recent interview with actor Gordon Thomson (Adam Carrington) in which he reveals some secrets from the set.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/im-gay...am-carrington-comes-outand-trashes-cws-reboot

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
(In a more general context).

As much as I would like to see what "happened" in the universe of a show after went off the air (or in between seasons or episodes), I've found that this activity was a lot more tedious than I ever anticipated. The epitome of this for me was Star Trek, where I attempted to read through some of the numbered novels back in the day. (Also Star Wars).

In the case of a show which didn't have many novels (or novelizations) released (such as the original Dynasty, Law & Order franchise, etc ....), I usually had to resort to fan-fiction to find "other stories". The writing quality control was extremely varied, where it was a chore to figure out who was a decent writer.

The "middle ground" which seemed to work ok when it came to writing quality control in an expanded universe, were the Stargate franchise series of novels published since the mid 2000s by Fandemonium. Rumor has it that a few of the authors of Stargate novels were originally writing "fan fiction".

MattHR

Screenwriter
An unfortunate bit of related Dynasty news... Diahann Carroll has passed away at 84. RIP talented and lovely lady.

stn223

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
I see that only DYNASTY SEASON 5 is available in HD on Amazon Prime Video but not the other seasons.

Does anyone know if all seasons of Dynasty have been available ever in HD, or if there are any plans to release all seasons in HD on Amazon Prime Video or on Blu-ray discs ?

Also, at present there are no seasons of DALLAS (1978 - 1991) in HD on Amazon Prime Video, even though the new DALLAS seasons are available in HD on Amazon Prime Video.

I wonder if we will ever get the 1980s soaps on Blu-ray or available for download in HD on Amazon Prime Video only in future ? I see other 1970s and 1980s TV shows in HD on Amazon Prime Video though.

Thanks.

BXR Industries

Auditioning
Real Name
Weyland Yutani
I see that only DYNASTY SEASON 5 is available in HD on Amazon Prime Video but not the other seasons.

Does anyone know if all seasons of Dynasty have been available ever in HD, or if there are any plans to release all seasons in HD on Amazon Prime Video or on Blu-ray discs?
Yes, CW Seed streamed the whole series in 1080p for free in 2017, so it's odd that it's currently available only in SD except for the fifth season; we've gone from HD for free to SD for $20 a season!

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Actually Joan Collins never once made an appearance as Alexis on "The Colbys". She was not a supporter of "Dynasty" getting a spin-off, believing that it would dilute the impact and popularity of the original show. Collins made it a point to not 'endorse' the show by making a guest appearance, and urged her co-stars to do the same. The only time that Alexis finally met up with Sable was when Sable joined the "Dynasty" cast in Season 9, after "The Colbys" had been cancelled.
I never understood, why the loose ends from "The Colby's" were never completed on "Dynasty" ? And if view the seasons of "Dynasty" now the series for three seasons don't actually make sense. Jeff And Fallon are missing in two seasons of "Dynasty" , but referred to ? Looking back they should have never, done this to "Dynasty". "The Colby's" should have also been worked into the last two seasons of "Dynasty" to resolve everything that was left hanging. Too many loose ends left hanging, and the two part special of "Dynasty" never really resolved many issues.....

SIBIE

Auditioning
Real Name
Alfredo
Dynasty is currently being rerun on PLUTO TV
I noticed the Pluto TV one looks fantastic, color balance and all, even better than the newer DVD box set. In fact, it looks better than the Amazon Prime Video current version (which carries a 20th Century Television logo after each episode, rather than the CBS/Paramount on the PlutoTV and DVD box sets). I could almost say a remaster has been made by how amazing it looks. Watching side by side, I'd say Amazon Prime Video is the least in quality, the DVD Box set quite nice, and the Pluto TV almost Blu ray quality and best of them all. I was impressed and, honestly, surprised.

Broomy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
I noticed the Pluto TV one looks fantastic, color balance and all, even better than the newer DVD box set. In fact, it looks better than the Amazon Prime Video current version (which carries a 20th Century Television logo after each episode, rather than the CBS/Paramount on the PlutoTV and DVD box sets). I could almost say a remaster has been made by how amazing it looks. Watching side by side, I'd say Amazon Prime Video is the least in quality, the DVD Box set quite nice, and the Pluto TV almost Blu ray quality and best of them all. I was impressed and, honestly, surprised.
This is good to hear. In the UK we got inferior quality prints on our DVDs compared to you in the US so I’d love a Blu-Ray set some day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks