What's new

Dynasty Season Four Announced (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Something possibly peculiar with the Dallas: The Complete Series (Region 2 UK) set. The BBFC recently passed the Dallas TV movie The Early Years and the post-series TV movies for what I assume are DVD releases. Just wondering if they're only going to be made available on Region 2 in the UK as part of the Complete Series set, and aren't going to be released separately or all of the TV movies together in one set.

allanfisch

Agent
Real Name
Allan
The picture quality is fine...What I miss on these releases is any sort of ancillary or production material...There are promos, etc, but i think that now since the series is owned by CBS, they might be reluctant to advertise a competeing network...

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The UK release date of Dynasty: The Ninth Season has been pushed back to next year (source: Amazon UK). Might not be this reason, but hopefully it's because CBS/P are trying to get Dynasty: The Reunion included in the set. And even though it's disappointing the release has been pushed back, it's only slightly disappointing as there have already been two season set releases of Dynasty on Region 2 in the UK this year.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Jack P /t/281872/dynasty-season-four-announced/90#post_3922886
Stephanie Beacham was one of my first crushes. She was the only reason I ever felt any reason for watching first the Colbys and then Dynasty!
I have seen announcements regarding her series "Connie" for more than a year getting pushed back again and again. I hope they finally do release it, because that is the only TV other than McCloud S1 I have ever felt a need to buy a non-R1 release of!

Jack, not wanting to tempt fate, but it does look like Network's DVD release of Connie: The Complete Series is finally going to get released (next Monday, fingers crossed). It's appeared on Network's Forthcoming Releases page on their website.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
WaveCrest said:
The UK release date of Dynasty: The Ninth Season has been pushed back to next year (source: Amazon UK). Might not be this reason, but hopefully it's because CBS/P are trying to get Dynasty: The Reunion included in the set. And even though it's disappointing the release has been pushed back, it's only slightly disappointing as there have already been two season set releases of Dynasty on Region 2 in the UK this year.
I hope that's the case. I don't know who owns the rights to the Reunion. I haven't seen it in the CBS syndication bible, but that thing hasn't been updated in years anyway.
I know the Reunion sucks, but at least it gives the series better closure than did the Season 9 finale (which had multiple cliffhangers). I always loved that the last thing you see in the Reunion (and in Dynasty forever), was a shot of Blake and Krystle dancing in the ballroom, which was sort of a recurring theme--they did that in almost every season. Perfect ending for the show.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
WaveCrest said:
One thing's for sure--if they dare try to make the Reunion available only in the complete series box--oh, the letter they're going to receive!!! I have no desire to have been buying the damn discs for 8 or 9 years only to be told I can only have the last disc if I buy the whole series over again!!!
And what's taking them so long with the final season in Region 1? Hello--CBS/Paramount--we're still here!!!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Based on the front cover artwork (the BBFC recently passed the ninth season of Dynasty), and the Amazon UK item description (these Amazon item descriptions can sometimes be inaccurate), Dynasty: The Reunion won't be included in the UK release of the ninth season. If it had been included, ideally it would be a seven disc set.

I'll be annoyed if they include Dynasty: The Reunion in the complete series set. Not sure, but the Dallas TV movies haven't been released separately and are only available in the complete series set in the UK (same with the Two Ronnies silents apparently only available in it's complete series set).

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
WaveCrest or anyone else... has your copy of Dynasty Season 9 went to dispatching soon status from amazon UK yet? Also did anyone buy teh UK Connie Complete Series and if so how is the quality?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger
WaveCrest or anyone else... has your copy of Dynasty Season 9 went to dispatching soon status from amazon UK yet?
Also did anyone buy teh UK Connie Complete Series and if so how is the quality?
P&P,
Not sure yet about Dynasty: The Final Season (aka Season 9), but it should arrive around the middle of next week.
To answer your question about Connie: The Complete Series, I decided to get Network's DVD release of the set. Have tested the discs out (skipping through the chapters), and the picture quality of the episodes is quite good with the exterior on location scenes. Have a vague memory of watching some of the series when it first aired back in the mid-80's, so I can't compare the picture quality then, to how it looks on the discs in this DVD set. However, I thought the exterior on location scenes in the first two series of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet looked very similar to those on the series Connie (not that bad to be honest).
Apologies for not posting 3D front cover artwork for Dynasty: The Final Season (aka Season 9) in this thread.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger
Thanks WaveCrest, my order in UK went to dispatching soon status which means with luck I could have it by next weekend :)
May get my copy of Dynasty: The Final Season (aka Season 9) this coming Monday (was shipped today). Haven't watched any further than the second disc in the eighth season set. Probably going to resume watching the eighth season soon, now that the final season is being released next week. No sign of Dynasty: The Reunion on DVD yet (CBS Drama repeated it again a few weekends ago, splitting it into four hour long parts).

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Nice to know that they're still airing it; that there's still interest. Hope that means they'll follow through with a dvd. I technically hate that mini, but the final scene with Blake and Krystle dancing in the ballroom made it worthwhile, and a far more satisfying ending than the series itself.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A few comments on the Dynasty: The Ninth Season (Region 2 UK) set: Have only tested out the first two episodes on the first disc, as I'm still on the eighth season DVD set (on the disc 1 episode menu screen is the picture of Blake which is on the front cover of the DVD sleeve and DVD slipcover. The cardboard used for the slipcover is similar to, or the same as, the cardboard used for the slipcovers on the Season 7 and Season 8 sets (thankfully, no damage on the Season 9 slipcover). On the rear boxart, the main picture is a Season 9 cast promo picture (minus Joan Collins). Stephanie Beacham isn't on the front cover, but she is in the Season 9 cast promo picture on the rear boxart. Underneath the cast promo picture are three smaller pictures from episodes in the ninth season (the middle picture is definitely from the season finale). The picture on the disc 1 subtitles/audio options menu screen is the same as the Season 9 cast promo picture on the rear boxart. Regarding the picture quality of the first two episodes on disc 1 (tested the first two episodes, skipping the chapters), it's on a par with the eighth season DVD set. You may need to change the colour settings on your TV. There is a recap at the beginning of the season premiere, of what I assume are scenes from the eighth season finale, and there is a recap at the beginning of the second episode. As with previous season sets, there are synopsis' for all episodes in the set on the reverse of the DVD sleeve. Dynasty: The Reunion isn't mentioned at all with these episodes, or on the rear boxart on the DVD sleeve and DVD slipcover.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Nice WaveCrest You got your copy! In MN here I did standard shipping and mine shipped out Saturday also so hoping I have mine by the end of the week. Suffering from withdrawal. Also hoping Paramount CBS announce the seventh season DVDs for this spring soon. I want to rebuy the US copies.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I rec'd my copy from UK on Monday and watched the first two Eps. Nice to see Sable again! I wish we could get the COLBYs Anyhow the Krystle storyline that starts off the show is redic! But I still love the show. What can you do.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Finished Disc 3 of the 9th and Final Season (UK Dvd release) Stephanie Beacham is what season 9 is all about. She deserved her own US show after Dynasty came to an end. Now I want both seasons of The Colby's!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Guys any more news you can give a loyal Dynasty fan such as my friend Tracy on when the US release of the show will be out??

tracyedgar

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Mark! I can't believe we are still waiting on season 7 in the US. It's ridiculous. 1 season per year, and last year, season 6 was announced on April 5th for a July release. So far, July has been release month. But, here we are on April 11, and no announcement at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks