Dynamic in houston is gone

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joshua Marks, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Joshua Marks

Joshua Marks Auditioning

Dynamic audio is officialy out of business. There will be a sale in a couple of weeks to move all the inventory. email me for details.
    Joshua

2. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Como?? Ya know, I pass through there from time to time to chat with the owner (Taro). I would always feel so bad about him not having the right person helping sell his stuff. That's so unfortunate. He has Meridian, Bryston, Lexicon, Wilson, Thule, CAL, Dynaudio, to name a few...no other retailer has those brands in Houston that I know of. He's good about prices too and will work with you. Where's all the (real) salesmen around in Houston??? Often, I would go in there and help out customers with knowledge cause he could not get to everyone....poor guy.

3. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

ah heck, who needs good service anymore, the internet has great prices and I know everything anyway. Besides, WHO NEEDS TO LISTEN TO EQUIPMENT WHEN THE INTERNET HAS SO MANY EXPERTS WHO CAN TELL ME WHAT TO BUY! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Meaux

Meaux Stunt Coordinator

Well Heck,
    Poor guy should have advertised more and gotten off the SW Frwy. I vagely remember the name and I lived in Houston for 20+yrs. Or maybe the poor guy wants out like I did. Now I'm in Foley al. 20min. from the beach and NO TRAFFIC!!!!!! No Audio stores either, that's what the internet is for. With this internet thing you don't have to live in a congested city.
    Meaux

5. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

ha-ha, good one!

6. Jason Watson

Jason Watson Stunt Coordinator

Damn, that's just too bad. As you know Joshua,I have been a customer for years and I hate to see this. I wonder if anyone will pick up NHT in Houston now? Will give you a shout via e-mail.
    Jason

7. mctague

mctague Stunt Coordinator

Well, Klipsch will assuredly screw me over by not supporting my now-orphaned Aragon Soundstage, why can't my retailer go outta business too? [​IMG]
    Looks like its full msrp audio concepts we go!

8. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Now the question is who's gonna carry those brands for us and are willing to work with the price? Didn't you guys just loves those PMC's near the Wilson's?? [​IMG]

9. John-D

John-D Stunt Coordinator

Oh another retailer bites the dust. Wonder how much that "Audio shopping on the web is a flash in the pan" prophecy is holding up...
    btw... hate to pay retail at Audio Concepts.. and they must know now that we are solely at their mercy.
    My mouse just told me it's gonna go over to audiogon.com instead.
    ------------------
    The things we own end up owning us

10. Burke Strickland

Burke Strickland Second Unit

It is sad to note the passing of yet another retailer of high quality audio/video gear in Houston. The list of surviving stores is pretty short compared to years past when the Yellow Pages had page after page of display ads for high concept audio/video stores (that were actually walk-in, display-room stores, and not just a custom installer's workroom/office.)
    In addition to Audio Concepts, Houston is home to All Star Audio/Video and Tweeter... and that's about it, unless we annex San Antonio and Dallas. :>)
    Burke

11. Joshua Marks

Joshua Marks Auditioning

Well it is sad and I hear you guys. As you know I once worked for Taro at Dynamic, He was a very tough individual to work for and also sometimes to deal with (customers). He had no help for this reason, so I cant feel to sorry for him but I do feel sorry Houston, from the standpoint of not being able to demo equipment and in the long run if all the B&M's go out of bizz then the internet prices will rise to since the competition will get less and the service and variety will diminish. As far a B&M vs. Internet all I have to say is this....:
    If you dont need help and dont want to demo equipment buy on the net BUT if you demo and get help it is not fair to expect internet prices and service from a B&M...YOU DONT WORK FOR FREE AND SHOULDNT EXPECT SOMEONE ELSE TO.
    I will post the inventory when I have a complete list and do a mass email to all those who have already emailed me.
    Joshua