What's new

Dynaco speakers and tinny music and movies!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jason_A

Stunt Coordinator
I have a pair of Dynaco's and for most movies and music it sound very tinny or in a tin can. Is there anything that I can do with my receiver or the speakers themselves to fix this. I have a Sony STR-DE925 receiver 5.1 DD/DTS, Sony DVP-S330 DVD player. Right now I only have two speakers for movies and music.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Jason

Clark Rozier

Agent
Jason
The first thing that I would check is to make sure your speakers are set to large in the bass management scheme on the receiver.
Second, If that doesn't do it, you might need to check into getting an additional amp for your speakers. Your Sony may not have enough power for your Dynaco's. What is the impeadance on these?
Short of these two solutions, you can try different placements.
IMO, I don't think your Sony has enough juice for the Dynaco's and is hindering their performance.
frown.gif

HTH
Clark

Jason_A

Stunt Coordinator
it is set to large for bass management.
Sony STR-DE925. Supposed to be 110 watts per channel. I heard that it was more like half that but i don't know.
The receiver is 8 omhs as well as the speakers. I believe the speakers only need about 60 or so watts to run.
Anything else would be appreciated.
Jason
[Edited last by Jason_A on July 15, 2001 at 05:59 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks