DVR /TIVO tuner question

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Delbert Grady, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Delbert Grady

Delbert Grady Auditioning

I am having Brighthouse withdrawal. Their DVR was the best piece of cable equipment I've ever had the pleasure of using.

I now have a Motorola 6802 DVR from Service Electric TV. The TV guide software is horrible and it only has one tuner.

Do TiVO's have dual tuner operation? That's pretty much the only thing I'm concerned with. Their spec sheets don't say, and from the posts on this board I'm assuming they don't. I can't get satellite TV because of location (huge tree in the line of sight), and my apt complex has a contract with SECTV. I'm thoroughly disgusted with them and would get a TiVO tomorrow if I could get a dual tuner...

2. Ronn.W

Ronn.W Second Unit

Only DirecTivos for sattelite have dual tuners. A regular standalone Tivo is single tuner only. One thing to think about is getting 2 Tivos if you must have 2 tuners. Every couple of months Tivo will have an outstanding deal which makes the idea very affordable.

3. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    TiVo also discounts the subscription for the second TiVo box. I pay $12.95 a month for box one and an extra $6.95 for box two, which sits in my home office and is connected to a cheap 13" color TV. I watch most shows from this box on either my living room TV or the laptop in the living room, using the home networking options to transfer recordings to either the living room TiVo or the laptop. I love it all. [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe