1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

DVI to Comonent Cable or adapter??

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by mike_frontier, Jan 19, 2005.

1. mike_frontier

mike_frontier Supporting Actor

Hi,

I like to know where I can either get a cable that is DVI to Component or a DVI to Component adapter? If anyone knows a website or websites. Please post? Thanks this will help me out greatly.

[​IMG]

2. Peter Finucane

Peter Finucane Auditioning

I don't think there's any such thing. I suggest trying the cable company websites, but I don't see how such a hybrid could work. It's usually DVI and/or component, not DVI to component. Never heard of an adapter either, but good luck in solving the problem.

3. SimiA

SimiA Second Unit

4. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

Some DVI connectors include analog pins, but usually, they're used for connecting a VGA display. See this site for more details.

5. Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi Screenwriter

I think the connector you are looking for is a "receiver." [​IMG] Seriously, I'd have to agree with the above posts that it doesn't seem right that you could get a simple cable adapter that will convert the DVI's digital information to the component's analog information.