What's new

DVI Switcher (1 Viewer)

Jason*AB

Auditioning
I have two DVI sources and one input. My options are to go with component on either DVD player or HD cable box, or use a switcher to go with DVI for both. Has anyone ever used a switcher? Is there any drop in quality when using a switcher?

Thanks for any input!;)

SimiA

Second Unit
I can say this, the difference between DVI & Component is hardly worth mentioning. At least not enough to justify the cost of a switcher.
Use the component for your DVD. The PQ will be awesome!
Vb

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Not quite. I have front projection w/a 100" screen & the difference is definitely noticeable. Yes, they're pricey, but if you buy a DVI switcher, make sure it supports HDCP. Your best bets are the Gefen (try eBay or bettercables.com) or Pacific Cables switchers.

SimiA

Second Unit
Maybe you see a difference with a 100" screen, but I didn't get the impression that was the size he'd be using.
I really can't see a tremendous difference on smaller screens. But hey, that's just me.:)
Vb

Jason*AB

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply. I am using a 42" plasma for this setup. I bought the DVD player because it has a DVI out. But, now I have to choose between DVD player and HD cable box for DVI- the other gets component.

I definately appreciate the input. Any more opinions are welcome!

SimiA

Second Unit
I would try them both using each unit.
There are those who prefer component and others DVI.
What ever yours eyes say is better, go with that.
Vb

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks