What's new

DVI retro-fit feasible? (1 Viewer)

Warren VUR

Auditioning
Hi, My DIY credentials are a VERY basic smattering of electronics + I've put together a few kits (graphic equalizer,surround sound etc)& speakers over the years by carefully following the instructions, but not fully understanding the "workings".

Having read recently where the inexpensive Bravo DVD player can give a subtly better pic than a mega-price Denon by use of the Bravo's DVI output, I am now wondering how hard it is to retrofit DVI's to my gear i.e. STB, DVD, Sony 10HT projector. I am pretty happy with this gear and not keen to quit it all for new if I can avoid it. (I also feel DVI could have been there in the first place; after all plenty of CD players have had the audio equivalent co-ax +/or optical outputs for many years).

Is it too much to expect that it is pretty much a case of locating the D to A section of a video source and tapping in a DVI connector just before the DA converter and similarly tapping into the projector just by-passing the AD converter. Does the Sony 10HT have a connector point already there but unused?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.