What's new

Dvi-i to component (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Having an early model tv that is HD ready but only has component inputs, I've been limited to the dvd player I can use. Will the DVI-I to component conversion cables work well and allow me to upconvert out of a dvd player with DVI-I output? Somebody fill me in before I buy something that won't work.......

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure it's DVI-I? It may have the analogue pins, but on most DVD players, they are disabled. DVI-I connectors are often installed because they are cheap and compatible with existing cables.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
It is my vid card (puter) that is DVI-I.... forgot that the dvd players are DVI. There are listings on several cable sites showing the adapter; just wondering if they would work on a player such as the upconverting players that only allow use of dvi for upconverting..... thanks.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Technically it's DVI-D.

In terms of pins,
DVI-D is digital.
DVI-A is analog.
DVI-I is both.

I think the NeuNeo players upconvert over component (and VGA, for what that's worth). I don't know about their video quality, though.

You can also find DVI to component transcoders, but those don't usually work with HDCP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks