What's new

dvi, hdmi players not for crt? (1 Viewer)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Again, have to agree with Phil. Make sure you read Phil's post above mine here, Chuck. :emoji_thumbsup:

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: Indeed I shall! :D And again, for the billionth time, I am glad the Samsung 841 has been such a glowing success for you. You're very fortunate in that regard. :)

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Guys!

The biggest expense that will go into modern video is the video processing, not so much the actual source device.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik

Certainly. :emoji_thumbsup: You and I and some others understand this and that was part of our ultimate decision making process.

However, if someone has made a predetermination that they are not going to spend more than x amount of dollars, regardless of circumstance, there's no amount of fact or information that anyone can bring to the table to counter that or change it. It's a useless effort to even try. There's no discussion, reasoning or arguing that can go against a predetermined mindset like that. They're going to believe what they want to believe, and that's it. Some define that as being dogmattic.

Only a signifigant firsthand experience can change a dogmattic mindset.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
And it's getting cheaper and more powerful every day.

It wasn't that long ago that we paid $100 for a 1 meg stick of RAM, or $300 for a 120meg HD. Video processors will get cheaper.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik

Thankfully, yes! But there's still quite a bit of truth to the statement, however subjective the definitions may be for each one of us: "You get what you pay for." ;)

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Ahh yes, with things like digital audio cables and aftermarket power cords how could we ever forget your mantra? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks