What's new

DVI-->HDMI Adapter Question (1 Viewer)

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Is there any disadvantage picture qualitywise to using a DVI-->HDMI adapter? Will i get the same picture quality as with a straight HDMI cable? I have been using a DVI-->HDMI cable because i don't have HDMI on my Samsung HLN617W. I am upgrading soon and was wondering if using the adapter would work as well as buying a new cable? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dalton

sptrout

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
A DVI to HDMI adaptor should not affect PQ since they both pass the same digital video information; DVI just blocks audio, which can be either good or bad depending on the situation. That said, having the adaptor in the circuit just adds another point of possible problems (very unlikely). Since you can get good HDMI cables cheap at several online stores, I would just buy a new cable specific to your new system.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I have never used an adaptor but I have used a cable with HDMI connection on one end and DVI connection on the other without issue.

Chris

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I also use a HDMI to DVI cable without issue. Since the signal is all digital, it should make no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samtbax
Recent bookmarks