1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Dvi-D problems with Sanyo-Z2

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Tony.K, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Tony.K

Tony.K Auditioning

Hi!

Is it possible to connect a Club3d Radeon 9800 Pro to a Sanyo Z2 with a 5m Dvi-D single link-cable? The reason for asking is that I have all the above components and I cant get the computer to recognice the projector. Do I have to make some manual adjustments in Windows or should I have bought a Dvi-I cable (as it says Dvi-I on the back of the Sanyo)?. When I connect with a S-video cable everything is fine..

Thanx in advance!

2. Rick Guynn

Rick Guynn Second Unit

It might be difficult with that length of cable unless you get a very good one. Have you tried getting it working with a shorter cable? Also be sure to use a resolution/refresh rate that is listed in the manual. The DVI port does not accept nearly the number of signals that the analog ports do.

RG

3. Tony.K

Tony.K Auditioning

I got it to work by uninstalling the graphics-driver, but now I have another problem: I keep loosing my display configurations (resolution etc..) when restarting the computer. Not a big problem but very annoying! Anyone got any ideas?