What's new

DVI card question (1 Viewer)

Yves Douville

Auditioning
Hello,

I'm new to this but i'd like to know if i can load a dvd movie on my pc and output it (in widescreen 16/9) through a dvi out into my widescreen projector without any distortion. Is it going to be a miror image or dealt as a second (independant) screen? I'd like it to be independant so i can use the computer 1st screen to monitor the dvd player software in my projection booth, and the second monitor would be my dvi widescreen projector that output only the movie.

thank you

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Yes, it's possible. Whether it will be a mirror image or a second independent screen depends on your setup in the driver for your card. A decent dual-head graphics card will let you do either.

In fact, I do the exact same thing with my Matrox P650, which has two DVI outputs. One to my normal monitor, and one to my Sanyo Z2 LCD projector.

-Christian

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Search the forum and/or Google for powerstrip. It's a program that helps with playing DVD's from computers to external sources (projectors or hdtv's).

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
I see no need for Powerstrip on DVI, as the card should recognize the resolution of the device automatically, and therefore output correctly right away.

-Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks