DVI card question

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Yves Douville, May 17, 2005.

1. Yves Douville

Yves Douville Auditioning

Hello,

I'm new to this but i'd like to know if i can load a dvd movie on my pc and output it (in widescreen 16/9) through a dvi out into my widescreen projector without any distortion. Is it going to be a miror image or dealt as a second (independant) screen? I'd like it to be independant so i can use the computer 1st screen to monitor the dvd player software in my projection booth, and the second monitor would be my dvi widescreen projector that output only the movie.

thank you

2. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    Yes, it's possible. Whether it will be a mirror image or a second independent screen depends on your setup in the driver for your card. A decent dual-head graphics card will let you do either.

In fact, I do the exact same thing with my Matrox P650, which has two DVI outputs. One to my normal monitor, and one to my Sanyo Z2 LCD projector.

-Christian

3. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Search the forum and/or Google for powerstrip. It's a program that helps with playing DVD's from computers to external sources (projectors or hdtv's).

4. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    I see no need for Powerstrip on DVI, as the card should recognize the resolution of the device automatically, and therefore output correctly right away.

-Christian