DVI Cable

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KevinFC, Jan 21, 2003.

1. KevinFC

KevinFC Stunt Coordinator

Is the DVI cable to my flat panel monitor that same as the one to my TV? I asked this because I am a network analyst and our desktop team just finished upgrading all our monitors to 17" FP's. Well only half got new pc's with them the rest were upgraded last year. So only the new pc got the DVI cables withe there new FP, so I have a box of about 45 or so DVI cables to do whatever I like. I have not priced them so I am not sure what they cost but I just want to know if they are the same for the HDTV sets?

2. PatrickKing

PatrickKing Auditioning

Kevin,
    As I understand it there are three types of DVI cables:
    DVI-I: can carry mixed (analog and digital) signals simultaneously.
    DVI-A: carries only analog signals
    DVI-D: carries only digital signals
    To see detailed info, visit http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/D...or_cables.html

What you should find is that these guys are worth quite a few bucks! I need a 30 footer and I can't even find one.

3. KevinFC

Patrick,
    Thanks a bunch for that link. The cables I have are DVI-D 7ft cables [​IMG]. Seems to be pretty good quality with the sheathing and such, the techs run them over lights awith out any flicker or picture quality degrade on the LCD monitors.

4. KevinFC

I even have evc connectors for dual DVI connections.

5. KevinFC

I am gonna sell these DVI cables in the BUY/Sell Hardware section of the forum for those who are interested.[​IMG]