DVE video calibration

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jason Co, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

I bought DVE assuming I would be able to just go dierectly to the calibration tests to set up my new tv. Boy was I mistaken. Is there any thread or web site that will walk you through all the different tests?

Jason

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    GReetings

The disc has an instruction section. Best to watch it.

Mind you, if you have worked through the THX optimizer programs, then you already have the fundamentals to work through the test patterns here.

Regards

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Is there a specific Q you have?

4. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

I have used the Sound and Vision video DVD before and it pretty much walks you through all of the video tests while you do them. I tried to jump straight to the tests on the DVE and there is no audio walk through while the tests are up. I didn't really have time to go through the intro and basic stuff prior to the tests. I am assuming that material will give me a full expanation as how to conduct each test. Am I correct in this assumption??

J

5. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Yes, you are correct. It's a little time consuming to go thru the tutorial part but well worth it. It would be a good idea to just set aside most of an evening to the initial run through. I've used the old video essentials dvd, the original LD version and AVIA. All have very clear and easy to understand tutorials right on the disc. Going straight to the patterns without taking the time to go thru the tutorial and learn just what's going on is not really a good idea. Watching the instructional part of the discs is no more time consuming than it would be to follow some guide found on the internet anyway. Once you've gone thru the instructional section you can go straight to the patterns when you need to do a touchup.

6. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

Thanks Steve.

J