What's new

DVE Calibration? (1 Viewer)

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
I just ordered this and will pick up an SPL meter soon.
I hear that this is, although quite extensive and customizable, difficult to navigate. Has anyone written a step-by-step tutorial or something like that to walk me through the calibration process? BTW: My theater would not be what it is w/out your guys. Thanks alot!

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The disc itself features a step-by-step tutorial. The basic tests are relatively easy to navigate, especially if you start at the beginning.

The issue of "difficult navigation" is the idea of quickly finding tests you're seeking (once you're experienced enough to not need the instructions), or the organization of the more advanced tests that don't fall into the step-by-step section of the disc.

If you're starting for the first time, and just go through the whole program, it will guide you the entire time.

-V

Johnny Ayala

Stunt Coordinator
It seems alot harder than it really is. Just take your time, You'll do fine. Good Luck.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
pc:

Stephen Weller

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't seen a step-by-step, but I did pick this much up off the web (I'll leave the searching to you :) ).

Sit to one side of your theoretical sweet spot, meter in one had, receiver remote in the other.

Set the meter to 'C' weighted and slow response.

Hold the meter at arms length, head height, pointing up at the ceiling, within the sweet spot.

Turn on the test tones and adjust the speakers with the remote while watching the meter. Aim to get all within 1 dB.

If your arm starts to look like Popeye's, it's either time to call it quits or close enough.

After you've mad your adjustments, you can "wander" around the sweet spot looking for standing waves and such to help you tune your acoustics. You may also discover why you're supposed to sit to one side while taking your measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks