What's new

DVDSoon.com warning (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
DVDsoon just cancelled 3 of my 4 orders. I still can't access my account, and they still wont return any emails. I'm waiting for the last order cancellation email from them and then I'm calling my credit card company to get the charge back. The last time I could log in, they had removed the refund request option, so I doubt DVDsoon are going to be willing to refund it themselves.

SebastienLX

Agent
That's going to be a mess...

I still have 4 orders to get cancelled and then I have to find out which order was charged to which credit card (I used two), and then call them both.

Funny thing is I do get replies to my emails to them, and they even seem to be typed by actual people instead of the usual pre-approved BS they usually send. I just sent a reply asking about the possibility of getting a refund on those cancelled orders. If they reply before all the orders are cancelled, I'll see what they have to say. If not, then it's CC chargeback time.

I hate having to do this. I used to really like them to get my shinys. It took a while sometimes, but with their prices already being the lowest, and add to that the 20% I was getting with the iCard, and they couldn't be beaten. Well, it now looks as if Futureshop and Amazon will be sharing my money now.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm in the same boat as you SebastienLX, on the 3 out of 4 orderes that have been cancelled on my so far out, I well be out $86.79 (price difference) if I were to order them from Amazon.ca, due to the savings that I was supposed to get from DVDsoon. Obviously, there are now titles that I wonjt get, because the main attraction was the insanely cheap price that DVDSoon offered. I'd be curious to see what they have to tell you about refunding, when they cancel my last order, I'm not going to give them a chance, I'm going straight to my credit card companey.

I haven't been able to access my DVDSoon account for 2 days, now they are out of service again, the only reason I know they cancelled 3 of my orders is because of the emails they sent me. They haven't responded to any of my inqueries in over a week. There is going to have to be incredibly positive word of mouth on these forums for me to ever give them my business again.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yeah, I'm disappointed too. For all the strange practices of DVDSoon, I really had very few problems considering the amount I ordered. The few problems were straightened out, just had to jump through a lot more hoops than say at amazon.

But these latest "changes" are over the top. If they carry through the way they said it'll leave a real bad taste for many regular customers, or ex-regular customers.

If you had $80 in cancelled orders, then you'd have to buy at least $320 more from them just to get your non-refunded CC money "back". What a scam!

Don't you wonder what they did with all the $$$ they have from cancelled orders they didn't ship? Assuming they weren't selling DVDs at a loss, they always had money on hand to more than pay the distributor for the discs they shipped out. Unless of course they had some sudden major expense...operating on zero capital don't forget.

Make sure to call your CC company. Even if it's a small amount. Enough complaints might make a difference, volume counts.

SebastienLX

Agent

I had over 600$ in pending orders with them. Do they really think I'm going to spend 1,800$ just to get even? Especially after that stunt?

Good thing I took the habit of printing every single order I placed and put all that in a binder and then highlight in yellow what I receive. Makes it easier to trace back. I still have to figure what was order with which CC though.

It's going to be a WHILE before they see one more cent from me! I don't even think I'll ever order there ever again. Even if their prices come back down!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yes, I mentioned my displeasure with their recent prices for the last few months earlier in the thread...but now? From what I saw yesterday, no better than amazon.ca, and with the same "free" shipping requirement...who are they kidding? Don't seem to have much going for them at this point, and a bunch of new byzantine rules to boot.

I can access my account.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
I had $400 in orders with them but thankfully, my credit card company has refunded me in full. I have yet to hear back from DVDSoon but I don't expect that they will fight me on this, there in deep enough shit as it is!

There still not shipping out are they?

I wouldn't be surprised if they go bankrupt before summer's end... Year's end at the latest!

Regardless, I'm through with them. Never again will I ever do buisiness with them... And I was with them for over two years.

I have now re-ordered "most" of my missing orders with Futueshop.

I think that if they had been up front with their customers, told them what the "real" problem was and STOPED taking orders when they could no longer deliver "the goods". Some of us might have gone back to them... But instead they chose to cover it up and are still doing so.

It's a shame.

SebastienLX

Agent
For those in Canada, have you looked at your credited amounts after they cancel the orders?

They're not crediting the taxes!! That's 15 frickin' percent for me!

I'm not waiting, I'm calling Visa and MC today.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Hey, you should try calling them, heres the number form their website:
---------------
Telephone

Tel.: (450) 449-5DVD (5383)*
Toll Free (Canada/United States): 1-888-983-SOON (7666)*
Fax: (450) 449-7380

* The telephone numbers indicated here are for information purposes only. Please note that there are no telephone agents available to take your call.
-----------------

Seriously , that's what it says under the contact information, I didn't ass a thing!

If they got no one to answer the phone, I guess it explains why they have no items shipping out.:angry:

I found this out while prepping my CC refund request wiht M/C.

Miles

Second Unit
I received what looks like a form letter from the President of DVDSoon this morning as yesterday I sent complaint through their Contact Form. I'll post it later today. I does explain that they are now going to charge for items only when they are to be shipped, and not when the order is placed.

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
DVD Soon will be gone forever by December 31st.

Currently, I am out of $90 Canadian although a chargeback should cover a third of that loss, if and when it is accepted. Unfortunately some of the orders I've made occurred too far in the past, and I can't dispute those charges with the financial institution that issued my credit card. :angry:

A word of advice: if anyone has any outstanding orders with them, don't wait. Demand a chargeback immediately before it's too late.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I agree with Marko, I doubt that DVDsoon well be in buisness by Dec 31.

I faxed off my credit card charge back request ($580 requested, for items not shipped, and one defective disc not acknowledged), Based on the support documents my CC company requested (statements, order confirmation, order cancellations, etc) it ended up being 45 pages long! The one good thing about DVDsoons upgrade is they sorted out all the cancellations from your order history, so it was really easy to print off the evidence.

It's such a shame, they have the 2 disc "Wild PAlms" set on their front page for $9.99.

Jouni

Auditioning
It's surprising that this discussion has fizzled out - it is still a hot topic on thedvdforums and avforums and dvdswaps.

There are a lot of people out of a lot of money all over the world.

The above mentioned forums are filled with advice and info - that also apply to continued business with other suppliers in the future.

It would be good if the discussion continued here - with people chipping in with info, feedback - about DVDSoon - other suppliers - Visa and Master habits (they seem to vary radically from one issuer to another)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Well, I got nothing new to report. I faxed in my claim to my credit card compney for the $580 I'm out, waiting to hear if I get a charge back (the claim was 45 pages, with orders, shipping confrmations and cancellation confirmations.)

I have to admit, I do wonder if people are still placing orders, and if anything is actually shipping. It's just such a shitty thing, they realy were cheap, I already miss their prices, but I feel so totally f**cked over by them, I wont buy from them again.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
I already reported that I got all my money back (over $400.00) from my CC, they made a full charge back... Now I'm just waiting to see if DVDSoon try to contest/fight it? So far so good.

I have now returned to "www.futureshop.ca"

The prices aren't bad (depending on the title) especially if you wait for a sale which they do every few weeks and new releases are cheaper. However, the prices aren't quite as good as DVDSoon "used" to be.

What I miss the most is the ability to pre-order titles a month or two in advance. Except for a few very popular titles, Future Shop doesn't list upcoming titles on their website until about a week before their released... Some times later.

Their service is MUCH better though!

Jouni

Auditioning
I reviewed some of the posts at the beginning of this thread - including some by administrators - there seemed to be no attention being paid to alarm bells being rung by people that were noticing serious irregularities.

We all now can see that the entire enterprise seems to have been more than questionable - 25% use of credit - non-refundable - wait 4 months for your money - cancellation of yearly fees with no compensation - no answers - no one at phones - etc etc

I believe some apologies are owed to those that first started to blow the whistle.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Some people didn't know the "problem" was widespread (like me) and just stopped ordering months ago, period. I only read about video software on the HTF site so I'd have never known until Russell's post appeared "by accident" in the S/W forum. That probably made a few more people notice and realise that something big was going on, cause after all long delays at DVDS are not unusual. Not that you could have done anything at that point, except not place any new orders I guess, assuming you even could.

FWIW, I got my VISA statement yesterday and my "non-refundable credit" has been refunded. In fact, the refund was back-dated to April.

I checked out all my DVD purchases bought in local stores in the last month. Allowing for tax differences and shipping and prices at current DVDS rates, I'm way ahead unless possibly I ordered everything at once, then it's borderline. Last year I would have been MILES ahead buying at DVDS, no contest or second thought. It IS a shame. At least now, if you do order from them, your $$ is safe if you never get anything.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

That's a nice way of putting it! Truth be told, it was because of total ignorance that any forums exisited below the software part of the forum. :b

What I'm basically doing is pre-ordering all of my stuff in one giant order from amazon.ca when they seem to have a price drop, making sure to keep some titles on it for the end of the month so that it doesn't ship. I than check the B&M stores to see what is cheaper on the day of release, my preorders, or the store, and than buy the titles and cancel the pre-order, or just stick with the pre-order. I've been about equal so far in price deals from what I was getting from DVDsoon, it's just such a chore now to get the savings.:angry:

Has anyone heard anything about DVDsoon actually shipping product? I have my credit card charge back request in, but I probably wont hear anything back on it for a couple weeks.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
DVDSoon shut down/deleted my account today.

I was one of the first to get my money back by contacting my credit card company (about a month ago).

Despite this my account with them was still active and still had the full non-refundable in store credit they had given me.

About two weeks ago they sent me their basic bullshit e-mail saying they were very sorry and that they would "eventually" refund my credit card but probably not before December 31st 2005... They also welcomed me to use my credit to buy again with them.

I don't know if they really thought I was going to buy from them again, or maybe they just had not realized that I already "had" obtained a full refund via charge back?

Anyway, tried to login to my account today and saw that it was deleted. Gone are my 3700 "I points". Of course I had absolutely no intention of ever buying there again so it really makes no difference to me.

I think this whole mess is finally behind me now... It's a shame it had to come down to this...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks