What's new

DVD's with featurettes and documentaries about set design. (1 Viewer)

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
My Scenic Design professor mentioned to my class that he is always looking for DVD's with extra content highlighting the scenic design element of the movies. Anything on the construction of the sets, from designing them to actually building them. Thanks.

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
The Bond films have a couple of good featurettes on production design. "The Spy Who Loved Me" has a brief piece on famed designer Ken Adam, while "Octopussy" has one on Peter Lamont.

Werner_R

Stunt Coordinator
The LOTR Extended dvd versions have geat documentaries on set design, just about every step on moviemaking is covered on those dvd's.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Pirates of the Caribbean has a pretty excellent set design section as well as a time-lapse view of sets being built as I recall (unless I'm confusing that with LOTR:EEs, which as mentioned probably has the most detailed view of set construction and detailing I've ever heard of.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Panic Room 3-disc has an excellent one on how they had to build the house and the street and stuff.

Also Master & Commander 2-disc has one on building the ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks