DVD's that need no RE-EQ

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Seth, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Seth

Seth Auditioning

I was wondering if anyone had a list of all the DVD's that did not need RE-EQ engaged while being played back on home equipment. I would like to mark all the titles I have.

I know that these titles has already been remastered for home use with no need for home RE-EQ

Blade II
    Austin Powers 2 The Spy Who Shagged Me

Are these the only titles so far? Is New LIne the only ones who do this feature?

Also I'm have a question about DTS concert DVD's. Like the Eagles-Hell Freezes Over.

Are these titles mastered like DTS movie dvd's(since they have video) and should be played normally or are they mastered like DTS music cd's and need to be played back at -10 db in the LFE channel?

Thanks for everyone's help

Seth

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

There are tons of titles which have been corrected for X-curve, and tons that have not. New Line material, specifically masters done by MiCasa are universally compensated- but from there, it is a crap shoot.

All the ones I've seen should be using the setting you use for films.

-Vince

3. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

So how do you know if a film has been remastered before watching it. This always confuses me at home and I'm always wondering if I should activate re-eq or not. Thanks.

4. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

Interestingly enough, NVDVD says if a title has been corrected for the X-Curve under the audio-info tab in the config properties. I think you have to enable this feature with NVDVD "coolbits". I didn't think was possible for software to detect this, but apparently it is.
    It also says what "room environment" an AC3 track was encoded for. It is represented by a numerical scale. If someone wants to figure this out go right ahead.[​IMG]

5. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

The approach I take is to leave Cinema-EQ off, and only turn it on if a particular movie sounds excessively harsh.

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Eric,

I mentioned this in a previous post. AC3 contains meta dat which, among other things, can be used to flag for monitor type. However- in most cases this is simply left at default, and so it becomes worthless (like dialog normalization).

-Vince