What's new

DVD's I'm thinking to blind buy and would like youse guys suggestions. (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I put little :emoji_thumbsup:'s by the films I think would make good blind buys.

The Green Mile - :emoji_thumbsup: an excellent movie if you ask me.
Blow (2001) - good movie. Don't know if I'd buy it, but if you're interested in seeing it, you should definitely at least try renting it.
Sid and Nancy (1986) - I'm not really fond of it. It's kinda strange, so maybe you should rent it first.
JFK (1991) - :emoji_thumbsup: Great flick. There's some debate on historical accuracy, but it's a compelling film.
Bachelor Party (1984) - if you like raunchy comedies, be my guest. :)
Road to Perdition (2002) - :emoji_thumbsup: Beautiful movie. It could be considered a little dull since it's a rather quiet film, but it's a real gem.
Young Sherlock Holmes (1985) - an entertaining 80's flick. I believe it features the first use of CGI in any film too. Might make a better rental, but I like it. :)
The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985) - great movie. Not as happy as Allen's other films, but you should at least rent it.
Fargo (1996) - good movie. I personally feel it's a little overrated, but definitely something you should check out.
Radio Days (1987) - :emoji_thumbsup: excellent film. As far as Allen's films go, this is one of my favorites. It's just a sweet nostalgic comedy.
The Silence of the Lambs (1991) - :emoji_thumbsup: Another great movie.
Remember the Titans (2000) - :emoji_thumbsup: good film. I've seen it twice and I really liked it so I'd recommend seeing it. It's a nice feel-good type of flick. If you like the subject matter enough to consider buying it, go ahead.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I would recommend...

The Green Mile (1999)
Force 10 from Navarone (1978)
The Mosquito Cost (1986)
River's Edge (1986)
Better Off Dead... (1985)
Blow (2001)
Sid and Nancy (1986)
Immortal Beloved (1994)
Murder in the First (1995)
JFK (1991)
Bachelor Party (1984)
Road to Perdition (2002

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks