What's new

DVD's from Mexico??? (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
hey all,

Just wanted to ask a few questions:

1) are dvd's from mexico NTSC?

2) is there a good place to buy them from in Mexico (online)?

3) is there a good website to look at for descriptions?

CraigL

Screenwriter
Was looking to pick up the R4 Mexican version of The Game. Apparently it's anamorphic.

Gabriela Mendez

Stunt Coordinator
I have in my hands Troy Region 4 from Mexico. 2 discs, anamorphic widescreen, english /portuguese 5.1. Bought it at Costco Yesterday for 17 dollars approx. The best places to shop is to actually take a trip over there. I've mentioned before that I'm, 15 miles from the border and the places to go to get DVD's are:

Costco
Sam's Club
Comercial Mexicana
Sanborn's
Blockbuster
Dax (in Baja California)

Online you can try:

www.Esmas.com
www.Palaciodehierro.com.mx
www.mixup.com
www.sanborns.com.mx

Or send me an email and I'll se if I can find it around town (mexicali) [email protected]

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Any other online sites Gabrela? Only two of those links had The Game and it was the R1 import.

Gabriela Mendez

Stunt Coordinator
After looking though stores, rentals, and even official catalogs at blockbuster and sanborns, I could not find THE GAME DVD anywhere. It should have been distributed by Universal, but nowhere to be found. I am suspicious it even exists in R4 Mexico. I know there is a listing of international dvd's available in anamorphic at another site. These I possess and can confirm they are widescreen and anamorphic Mexico region 4 dvd's.

Commando (1:85:1 2.0 English)
Young Frankenstein (1:85:1 2.0 English)
True Lies (2:35:1 English 5.1, great transfer by the way)
Flash Gordon (2:35:1 English 5.1)
Home alone 1,2,3,4 (1:85:1 English 2.0 ea)

Other mentions:

Conan the Barbarian is anamorphic widescreen and dolby digital 5.1. Target with Matt Dillon and Gene Hackman is available, but is is fullscreen and English Mono 1.0. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is available in a 1 disc dts and 2 disc DTS special Edition, regions 1&4. I, Robot and Day after tomorrow are also available in 2 discs, both are region 1&4, but DD 5.1 only. Terminator 3, Hulk, and Independence Day are available with DTS track. U571 has a 2 disc SE with DTS track. The Passion of the Christ also has DTS track, but it is not indicated in the dvd case.

LanceG

Auditioning
Anyone know anything about custom charges that might be added to orders shipping directly from Mexico to the US? I'm considering placing at order at Sanborn or mixup.com and heard that there may be additional charges...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks