What's new

DVDs At Wal-Mart (1 Viewer)

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
They're a tad better than VHS. We sell them at my store and I haven't heard anything too terrible about them. Then again, for 5 bucks, you can't bitch!
Matt
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

NathanP

Supporting Actor
I've only seen a few $10 and under DVD's and they were at Best Buy...
They were either educational or Adult.
------------------
"Um, ER, uh, No, it's not a bedroom HT, I just love it so much, I sleep in it."
"Okay look, the St. Louis Rams rule, everyone else sucks, so sit down and shutup!"

BruceD

Screenwriter
Fry's has quite a few $9.99 DVDs, in fact I just bought the Sci-Fi movie "Lifeforce" for that price. Also bought "Revenge" with kevin Costner and about 6 others I don't remember.

Eric Taylor

Agent
Hey guys I work for the local Wal-mart here in the electronics department and we have movies for $9.44 but I haven't seen any dvd's for that cheap. Doesn't mean we won't get them (god only knows how much stuff we get like this), but for right now we don't have anything like that here. By the way some of the $9.44 titles we have aren't really that bad. Young Guns, Red Dawn, Kingpin, Platoon are just a few. Okay well gotta go. Talk with ya all laters.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I picked up Airport 77, Dr. Giggles, and House On Haunted Hill for $5 each at the local WalMart (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) about two months ago. They also had Earthquake, Halloween III, Airport 75, Tank, and several others at that price too. They were all placed on an end cap in the electronics department in several boxes.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
I picked up a Bruce Lee double-pack last year for around $5 from WalMart.
It is by far the worst DVD I have ever seen. Even worse then any VCD or studio-quality VHS tape I have ever seen.
It appears to have come from a 320X200 256-color master, and 'upgraded' to DVD size without any kind of filter or aliasing, so every single line has the worst jaggies I've ever seen.
The amount of compression artifacts was incredible, enhanced by all the visiable pixalation. It was just like watching a streaming Video with a modem..
Oh... plenty of color bleeding, and badly dubbed. So, I'd suggest avoiding any $5 DVDs... just watch them on TBS or USA, and tape them.
(NOTE: There appears to be some newer $10 Bruce Lee movies from a difference company... maybe they are better).

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
This one was distributed by Madacy Entertainment, and contained both "Fist of Fury", and "The Chinese Connection" on one double-side DVD. I havn't seen them at WalMart since last year. Seems they have been replaced by the Platinium series, which I assume is better...
--------
Nick

Eric Taylor

Agent
Talked to our vendor today about this and she said that those $4.44 titles are probably from "GoodTimes" under a different distributor name. She said that alot of times these companys will put out items like this just to catch a person to buy it. She told me about a time that a person had bought a copy of Halloween on video and got it home and it was a copy of the movie straight from TV with commericals included. The customer took it back, tried another one with same results. So she told me to just be careful when buying anything for what seems like a cheap price...cheap price usually means cheaper product.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I picked up the widescreen Airport at Wal-Mart for $5.
If platinum is the same label that also issues audio cd's, their DVD's may not be that bad. Their CD's were always pretty decent. Not always from the best low gen masters, but a place to find tunes that may not be on CD any where else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks