DVDProfiler Premium on WinXP, anybody ??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Ch, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

I just installed DVDProfiler on my XP machine (used to run on W2K), things seems to be fine, I can add, go on line, upload and download, the one thing I noticed is it does not seem to take registration code under XP, iow, the "about" under help no longer showed it's a "premium" version, did not say "Thank You" after enter my registration key, and most important, now the ad banner is running. I know from their site that the product was not tested under XP, just wonder if somebody else also experience the same thing.

2. Greg Rakaska

Greg Rakaska Stunt Coordinator

I have XP Pro and DVD Profiler Premium and it seems to be working fine, with no ad banner. Unfortunately, I do not have any suggestions for your situation, just wanted to let you know it does seems to work in my case (for about 3 months now)

3. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    Intervocative has a forum with a technical support section here, and also has a tech support e-mail address, [email protected] Either source should be able to help you with this problem. I didn't see any threads with XP in the title on the forum, so I suspect this is not a widespread problem. (OTOH one of the threads is simply called, "Need Help with DVD Profiler!", so there may be a discussion going on under some similarly generic header. [​IMG] Gee, why do you suppose that guy thinks everyone else is posting to the tech support forum?)
    Regards,
    Joe

4. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

Thanks for the replies. I contacted their support once last year, and they were actually quite fast, so now that I know it's working correctly, I will contact them and ask.

Solved: I forgot that I have to go in the options menu to turn off advertisement display, guess even if you paid for a non ad version, you still have to go in and explicitly turn ad display off.