What's new

DVDPlanet and shipping problems... (1 Viewer)

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
I have been ordering DVD's from DVDPlanet for years and have ALWAYS had great service. My pre-orders always arrived on the release dates. Sadly this has not been the case for the last few months. Am I the only one not getting my pre-orders ? I have at least a dozen DVD's on pre-order with them and I am not sure if I should cancel and find a new online etailer. Anyone else having any problems with them ?

TIA

Dave:frowning:

dan fritzen

Second Unit
Dave, I too used to use DVDplanet and ken Cranes before it was DVDplanet. I ordered Digital Video Essentials on Aug 10th. 10 minutes later I emailed them to updated the shipping address and they confirmed it within a week. 3 weeks later DVD is shipped but never arrives. When I called it would hang up if no one answered within 15 minutes (this is no longer happening.) After finally getting thru they would only reship USPS and since I believed USPS was at fault I asked for a full refund and the CS rep confirmed it for $17.49 + $2.50 shipping. I checked and I was only refunded for $17.49. I call back and the CS rep says since it went to my old address they will not refund shipping. I tell her to listen to call and get a supervisor. She puts me on hold and comes back saying they do not refund shipping and said it was returned undeliverable to my old address. I ask why she didn't listen to the call, she says she does not have access. I ask why she didn't get a supervisor she says they are busy (I wonder why?) I give her my phone number for a supervisor to call me. 5 minutes later I find the email confirming the address change and call back, this CS rep does not have email access and when I ask to be transferred to someone with email access he says no one does, yet they have email CS support, go figure, I again ask for a supervisor and sure enough he tells the rep to refund my $2.50. Also this rep apologizes saying they are transitioning and he has no way to look up my order, and I say i know cause the Customer Service sucks.

I work for a online e-commerce company (we are profitable) and when USPS fails we reship with FedEx or UPS. Also I was in our CS dept for 2 years and became a Supervisor and I would never let a call get escalated for a measly $2.50.

Regardless I will not shop there again, the company that bought them is the same IL based Infinity Resources that owns DeepDiscountDVD.com.

I have a couple of the emails from this if anyone does not beleive my story.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Dave,

Any info you need can be found here in the retail & wholesale vendors feedback forum.

Sadly to say I dumped them months ago.

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
My last DVD Planet order was The Killers: Criterion Collection, and it took them 2 weeks to ship it! Deepdiscountdvd.com has been going slightly downhill lately. Those two used to be so reliable! Now I do most of my e-tailing on www.digitaleyes.net They have always shipped on time, and they have a sweet rewards program too. Check them out! (no, I do not work for digitaleyes.net. Just a really satisfied customer.)

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Yep, I was a loyal customer for years, and have watched them go from best online retailer to the worst over the past four months. Customer service is non-existent. I sent discs back and never got refunded, shipments arrived WEEKS late or sometimes never and usually with duplicate or wrong discs in the packages. Discs that were released the same day would go out INDIVIDUALLY boxed with shipping charges applied to each one. I cancelled all my preorders and then they started popping up on my credit card weeks later anyway. Just terrible. I now I've been ordering from DVD Empire for the last month and a half and have been very satisfied. Prompt shipping with email confirmation and tracking numbers, a real website where you can control your orders and prompt customer service. I'll never look back.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I haven't had any issued with Digital Eyes. All of my orders have been showing up on time.

Neil

BrandonJF

Second Unit
Not mine. That's interesting to hear that they just bought Digital Eyes, because the EXACT same problems starting happening to me about 2-3 months ago.

When I first started ordering with Digital Eyes, they were, for the most part, excellent. Pre-orders arrived way ahead of time. Lately, I've noticed they have been having more and more discs be listed as "Temp. Sold Out" around release time. Some still arrive very early, but I ordered alot of stuff from them and was consistently running into unshipped pre-orders.

When that would happen, I would usually call or e-mail to have those discs that they didn't apparently receive cancelled. I probably cancelled around 8-10 titles in the last few months. Sometimes I would even receive e-mail confirmation that they had been cancelled. Almost all of them would eventually ship anyway.

Getting credit for returned discs from Digital Eyes is a chore. I'd end up just keeping some of those discs, but I did return a few. It usually took 3-4 weeks before a credit would show up on my card. Now, I've been waiting for a credit on the last returned discs for 5 weeks and they've stopped responding to e-mails entirely. I'm dropping off all the e-mail correspondence (what there is) in the mail today and hoping my credit card company has better luck than I did.

3 months ago, I was recommending Digital Eyes. Now, I'll never order from them again.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Then hang on to your seats. You haven't hit the 2nd bump on the ride yet.

I cancelled an order several months ago. They never charged my account, so all was ok.

A few months after that, I got 2 DVD's from them. I emailed them back that I had dropped it right back into a mailbox, and marked it 'return to sender'.

Planet replied a few days later saying that my card would be credited back only after they got their disks back.

My card never got charged, so I didn't get the credit.

Fast forward to around turkey day. I get a check in the mail for the order. Now I'm waiting for them to ask for it back.

At this point, I am hoping that they will return to whatever planet they came from. This is going to be an accounting nightmare unless they put the brakes on it real fast.

Glenn

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
I made the mistake of ordering five dvds from dvdplanet in late October. Four of them supposedly shipped within a day or two and the fifth one another two or three days later. So far so good. That fifth one arrived here (in Norway) about two weeks later (in mid-Nov.), which I think is quite acceptable.

However, the four dvds that shipped a couple of days earlier have yet to show up - one month late by now...

The "good" part is here: On the shipping box of the one dvd that I did get someone in the dvdplanet system had printed the name "Finland" after my address instead of Norway, which it should have been. Someone else, possibly in Finland or elsewhere in these parts of the world, had scribbled over "Finland" with a pencil and written an N for Norway. I think there's strong reason to suspect that dvdplanet shipped the other dvds to Finland as well and that they may have been returned or somehow gone missing. That fifth dvd reached me, not because of, but in spite of, dvdplanet's address tag...

I've tried to contact dvdplanet about this a couple of times, but have received no real response so far.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I used to use DVD Planet, but when the service took a dip, I left. I've used DDD with a minimum of problems that have been resolved. There are my secondary source. I use DVD Empire for the overwhelming majority of my orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks