DVDPAWN.COM *Scam* ???

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Troy*H, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Troy*H

Troy*H Stunt Coordinator

Hi, has anyone here sold dvd's or cd's to dvdpawn.com. I sent in a bunch about three weeks ago media mail with delivery confirmation and everything went very smooth. I decided to sell another bunch last week, but shipped these priority with no delivery confirmation. Well its about six days later and it is still showing up as shipment not received. I find this kind of odd seeing priority mail usually gets to its destination in three days. I sent an email asking if they got the package and haven't gotten a answer. I know it is only six days but I get kind of paranoid with this type of thing. Anyone deal with them before or have an opinion. Freaking out too early??? Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I wasn't sure which to post in.

thanks
    Troy

2. AnthonyP

AnthonyP Stunt Coordinator

Anyone have any further experience with them? Just stumbled upon the site and was curious whether or not they are trustworthy.

3. Toby711

Toby711 Guest

did you send your dvds to them? I sent them over a dozen of mine over a month ago and my payment is still pending. They wont answer my emails and voice messages. my advice stay the hell away from them!
    BTW anyone know how to report fraud scam business websites?

4. toddhometheat

toddhometheat Auditioning

I was going to sell about $200 worth of dvds to dvdpawn.com, but I was having second thoughts. Oddly, if you do a search on yahoo/google or even dvd forums, there are NO reviews or any confirmations that people who sent dvds actually received their money.

Another suspicious fact is that dvdpawn's address is to an apartment complex and NOT a business. The campany's business hours are 5-10 PM! In conclusion, although the website was professionally designed and they offer very good prices, I would not recommend taking the risk. You can add insurance and delivery confirmation when you sell your dvds, but you still won't have any proof of the exact items you sent.

If you already got screwed by dvdpawn, I would try to contact the better business bureau and report the fraudulent activity.

By the way, has anyone sold anything to mx123.com, an equally sketchy site?

5. AnthonyP

AnthonyP Stunt Coordinator

I *may* have back when they were dvds123 but I honestly don't remember.

cashforcds.com is another that appears to be more hassle than its worth. That impression is based solely on my attempt to sell something to them. Sent an email asking a couple of questions before undertaking the process of submitting them which were answered saying go ahead.

Immediately after submitting them and receiving the quote receipt and printing out their labels, etc. I received a reply back saying that would not honor the quote and that all items and prices that the quote process lists are subjective and not necessarily reflective of what they will take nor the prices they will offer for them. That was the question that I emailed to them before submitting them so I would take that whole process with a grain of salt.

6. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    What's the best place to sell used DVDs to?

I was using sellmydvds.com but the last time I sent them a list of titles they never replied with any prices.

7. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

Michael,

I never got any response from them either. With a number of record stores that trafficked in used CDs/DVDs closing in LA, it's been harder to sell stuff, that's for sure.

8. Bob Graham

Bob Graham Supporting Actor

Bob Graham

I've used DVD Planet and am very happy with their service. They don't give you cash, only store credit, but they have pretty good discounted prices on dvds (especially Criterions). The sales transactions I've had with them have been smooth, prompt and uncomplicated.