What's new

DVDO Problem (1 Viewer)

Eric Porter

Auditioning
I have a DVDO V2 that is hooked up to a Toshiba TP61H95 and recently I have noticed that I am getting some rolling horizontal lines running across the screen. At first I thought it might be the TV but I unhooked the DVDO and ran everything directly to the set and the problem went away so it must be something with either the Iscan unit or the VGA-BNC cable that hooks it up.
Has anyone experienced similar problems with their units? It is over a year old so it is out of warranty and I have no idea who could even repair one of these units. I may try changing out the cable first. Has anyone found anything better than the VGA-BNC hook up for this?
Any help would be appreciated.
Eric

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Rolling lines or bands usually suggest a grounding problem which in turn is usually due to a loose or oxidized connection, or maybe a broken connection inside the plug at the end of a cable. Try unplugging and replugging each plug twice, which has an oxidation cleansing effect. WHen plugging things in, don't rock the plug from side to side as this could loosen the grip within the jack causing a bad connection.
Other video hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Eric Porter

Auditioning
Thanks for the tips Allan. I did give that a try but the problem is still there. I think I might try a new cable and see if that fixes it.

Eric Porter

Auditioning
Just thought I would post a follow up to this in case anyone else had the same problem since I seem to have it fixed now.

I finally was able to get enough money to order a vga-rca breakout cable from better cables to replace the vga-bnc with rca adapters that I had on there.

I got the new cable over the weekend and I can not believe what a difference it makes. I don't know if the vga-bnc cable I had was bad or if the problem was in the adapters to take that to the rca connectors but as soon as I plugged in the direct cable the rolling lines were gone plus the picture looked a lot sharper.

I wish I had found this cable when I originally bought the DVDO unit, I can't believe I was watching such a degraded quality picture for so long now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks