1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

DVDO Line doublers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Simpson, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Ryan Simpson

Ryan Simpson Auditioning

Hi, I have a front projection HDTV but my DVD player is not a progressive scan and my satellite receivers are just the garden variety digital kind. If I buy a line doubler will it eliminate the need for me to buy a progressive scan DVD player and also if I have a line doubler do I still need to get a HDTV satellite receiver or can I just use Sony A3s I have. Thanks.

2. TimG

TimG Second Unit

It depends on if you want to double sources besides the dvd player. The difference between the line doubler and a progressive scan is minimal (IMHO), with progressive scan having a slight edge. It might help to say what kind of projector you have, if it is a crt then you will need some way to change the component out from the progressive player to the RGBHV in on the projector. If you want to get HDTV broadcasts, a new receiver is you only option, the line doubler won't help you with that. If all you want to do is run regular satellite to the projector then yes, the doubler will allow you to do that. Hope this helps, really need more info on what you are trying to do.
    Tim