Dvdo Iscan Plus On The Blink !!!!

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by T r o y, Nov 9, 2003.

1. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

I have a first generation DVDO Iscan plus unit. Today I think it went out on me. There are no power lights or other lights on the unit. I've checked all connections and all are fine.

Does anyone else have a DVDO ISCAN plus unit that has gone out on them ? What did you find that was wrong with it?

The unit is about 5 years old.

Thanks for any help given.

Troy

2. Dale Adams

Dale Adams Extra

Troy,

If there are no lights on at all, it's most likely the power supply. You can get a replacement by contacting DVDO customer support at 1-866-423-DVDO, or you can check their website at www.dvdo.com.

- Dale Adams

3. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

Dale,

Thanks for your input. Yes that's the response I got from a friend of mine too. I will call DVDO today and hopefully they'll get me out a new power supply.
    I sure am glad that it is only this and not something more major. I would hate to know I would have to fork out $$$ for another line doubler.
    Next year , I hope to move up to a video scaler like the
    Focus Enhancement CS-HD unit for $995.

Thanks for your help and I'll post later on my success of getting another power supply.

Later!
    Troy
    [​IMG]

4. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

Well I have some good news [​IMG]
    I received my new and improved power supply yesterday from DVDO, hooked it up and Wha La... LED lights on and seeing an image once again!![​IMG] Wheww!

Now that I have it hooked back up again, is it recommended that you have these ISCAN's on all the time (like standby mode) or turn off and on as needed???

I have mine hooked to a monster 3500 in the TV outlet
    which I believe is a unswitched outlet. When I power on and off the monster, the IScan remains in a "auto sensing" mode.

Is this good?

Anyway, glad to have my IScan back up and running. Now off to the movies!

Later,
    Troy

5. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

To answer my own question, I chatted with a tech rep. from DVDO and they told me that leaving the ISCAN unit on all the time , as in standby mode, would not hurt the unit at all. The unit does not produce any heat , of any concern, so it is fine to leave unit on always.

Have a Good One!!
    Troy