What's new

Dvdo Iscan Plus On The Blink !!!! (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I have a first generation DVDO Iscan plus unit. Today I think it went out on me. There are no power lights or other lights on the unit. I've checked all connections and all are fine.

Does anyone else have a DVDO ISCAN plus unit that has gone out on them ? What did you find that was wrong with it?

The unit is about 5 years old.

Thanks for any help given.

Troy

Dale Adams

Grip
Troy,

If there are no lights on at all, it's most likely the power supply. You can get a replacement by contacting DVDO customer support at 1-866-423-DVDO, or you can check their website at www.dvdo.com.

- Dale Adams

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Dale,

Thanks for your input. Yes that's the response I got from a friend of mine too. I will call DVDO today and hopefully they'll get me out a new power supply.
I sure am glad that it is only this and not something more major. I would hate to know I would have to fork out $$$ for another line doubler.
Next year , I hope to move up to a video scaler like the
Focus Enhancement CS-HD unit for $995.

Thanks for your help and I'll post later on my success of getting another power supply.

Later!
Troy
;)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Well I have some good news :emoji_thumbsup:
I received my new and improved power supply yesterday from DVDO, hooked it up and Wha La... LED lights on and seeing an image once again!!:D Wheww!

Now that I have it hooked back up again, is it recommended that you have these ISCAN's on all the time (like standby mode) or turn off and on as needed???

I have mine hooked to a monster 3500 in the TV outlet
which I believe is a unswitched outlet. When I power on and off the monster, the IScan remains in a "auto sensing" mode.

Is this good?

Anyway, glad to have my IScan back up and running. Now off to the movies!

Later,
Troy

T r o y

Supporting Actor
To answer my own question, I chatted with a tech rep. from DVDO and they told me that leaving the ISCAN unit on all the time , as in standby mode, would not hurt the unit at all. The unit does not produce any heat , of any concern, so it is fine to leave unit on always.

Have a Good One!!
Troy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks