DVDers and Gamers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeepakJR, Mar 13, 2002.

1. DeepakJR

DeepakJR Second Unit

Im not sure if this should be in this area, but for you guys/chicks who are regular dedicated DVD or game buyers, how old r u guys? Im 14 and I own about 100 DVDs. Anyone else out there around my age who's hobby is collecting DVDs? I think I got a decent collection for a 14 year old who relies on his mom for money to buy DVDs and has been buyin DVDs since I got a DVD-ROM drive in Jan 2000. Around April of 2001 I had about 30 DVDs, after that is when I started spending most of my money on DVDs and PS2 games. I have about 30 total PS2 and PS games. Anyone else out there like me? Please feel free to move this thread if necessary.

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I'm 20 and got involved into DVDs back in mid-late '98 when I got my first DVD-Rom for my comp. I'm a computer/HT/gaming geek...AKA, I never have any money.
    In the last year I've bought about 70 DVDS, a Gamecube + Games/Accessories, built another computer (Now I have 3). I'm lucky I have a buck for a McChicken between classes.
    [​IMG]

3. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

Wow, you're one lucky kid [​IMG]
    Well, I'm 20, started dvd collecting in 1998 but i only bought a few dvds in the first two years. In the past 1-1.5 years I have bought the bulk of my 105 DVDs. This has slowed down considerably in the past 6-8 months due to college, living, and *cough* girlfriend expenses. I can't get everything I want. doh!
    I'm scrounging as much money as I can into savings to upgrade my HT this summer.
    As for games, I don't own any consoles and don't intend to. It's not my bag. I only play computer games...right now I'm just into Diablo 2, Warcraft 3 beta, AOE2, and the odd game of Counterstrike.

4. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

Movies & gaming are two of my favorite things. I own just over 200 DVD's,having been one of the early adopters to the format, & I love it!
    As for gaming,I own a lot of systems, & games to go along with them (PS2,Dreamcast,GC,& a Xbox by Friday). Gaming is good [​IMG]
    The HTF has boards for both Video Game Hardware & Software. I regularly post there,& you should go over & check it out!
    [​IMG]
    Calvin
    PS: welcome to the forum!!

5. Mikah Woodward

Mikah Woodward Stunt Coordinator

I'm 18, and I didn't even have a DVD player until two years ago at christmas. I don't know why, but I didn't really start collecting DVDs until about a year ago. Before that, I usually just borrowed DVDs from my library.
    I currently have about 40 DVDs and 405 games. (I have collected those since I was a little kid)
    For the DVD list, look at my sig. For the game list, go here or for my main web site which links to my DVD, CD, and game lists, go here

6. Bruce F

Bruce F Agent

I'm 42.

Been a gamer for years and years. But of course, I work in the industry.

I've got about 250 DVDs, and games flow through my hands (research, don't you know!).

7. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    I'm 16. I have a small collection of 45 DVDs. DVD was really what first got me into movies; when I started viewing extras and seeing the great amount of work that gets put into some many of the movies that we like. Over the summer I got my first real surround sound system (a decent sounding Sony HTiB)and that was led me to this forum and got me into the world of sound and HT.

8. Kai Zas

Kai Zas Second Unit

My games machine has turned into a movies machine over the last 2 years. The 17" monitor has become a 22" and my pc-speakers have been ditched in favor of a Yamaha DD/DTS amp. My office-chair has disappeared. There's a big sofa in front of the pc these days.
    In the 2 years I've been collecting, I've gotten to about 220 dvd's.
    I don't play that many games anymore... I wonder why [​IMG]