What's new

DVDcoverart.com down? (1 Viewer)

Dan Kaplan

Stunt Coordinator
Matt,
Here's a thread I just started on my host's forums:
Link Removed
I can post any significant updates here, but you might want to poke your nose in there and see if anything of interest shows up.
Dan

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Matt,

How about resurrecting the forum so that people can be emailing these covers around for others to use. That cant be too demanding on a server, your forums were never that huge. I would like a few of the new ones, that Im sure someone has done.

Just an idea.

Thanks

Andy Overby

Gil Clark

Grip
Matt,
Though they've had major problems in the past, I haven't had a problem with my host in the past year (knock on wood).
CIHost (millions of voices cried out in terror)
Check out the current specials. The Standard Win2000 special gives unlimited bandwidth per month and 3GB of disk storage for $31/month. $20/month if you pay annually.
Now hurry up with those Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and E.T. covers. :D

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Gil,

thanks for the pointer, I'll have a look at them. Also, you can find those covers over on the official cover replacement thread on dvdtalk

edit: I think their auto quote generator is broken, as it says it will cost me $1055/mo for 5gb of space and 25gb of bandwidth on a shared Unix machine...

reagrds,
Matt

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Hi --
My hosting company has no max bandwitdh and no disk limit. Unlimited email accounts too. Of course, this is all within reason.
It's $9.95 a month and you get access to the terminal via ssh (if you want it), a MySQL database, and a php enabled Apache server running on Linux. They are great.
phpwebhosting.com
Seriously, write them and tell them exactly what you require and ask them if they'll do it.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Most of those unlimited bandwidth hosts are really "unlimited" bandwidth hosts, meaning it's unlimited for most sites needs. The average small site probably doesn't need more than a couple GB of bandwidth. As a frequent user of the DVDCoverArt.com site, I'm fairly certain that the bandwidth required is probably going to exceed the reasonable limits of those "unlimited" hosts.

Matt, exactly how much space and bandwidth will you need? And how much monthly are you looking to spend? I might be able to help you find something.

Dan Kaplan

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely ask detailed questions (and steer clear of anyone who side steps them) of any host claiming unlimited bandwidth and/or storage space, as I guarantee you there is no such thing in the hosting industry. You'll usually be shut down as soon as you approach some undisclosed limit, web and error logs (typically hundreds of megs per month) will be counted against your disk space, poor service and over-sold servers, etc. You're better off with someone with lower limits who tells you what the limits really are.

Dan

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Well, I use phpwebhosting.com for the Kubrick Multimedia Film Guide which is primarily a download site and have never had any problems with getting shut down. The site has quite a bit of bandwidth since its linked all over the world.
Plus, I absolutely need access to a terminal session and support personnel that know what the hell they are talking about. Also, I will NOT host on Windows NT servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks