What's new

DVDBeaver in dire straits (1 Viewer)

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Hi All. If you go to the DVDBeaver site, you'll see a letter from Gary about how he's been losing money and asking again for folks to support him via Patreon or PayPal. It seems like he's close to shutting down.

Although I rarely use the site anymore, and really don't buy many discs anymore either, I have used it many times in the past. I don't want to join Patreon to support him monthly, but I do want to send him a contribution via PayPal.

However, I couldn't figure out how to contact him nor could I find DVDBeaver in PayPal. Does anyone have any contact info or a PayPal link? Thanks.

johnmcmasters

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John McMasters
I support the site through Patreon -- and try to click on the monitized links whenever possible - try to balance that with doing the same on this forum. Although I haven't always agreed with some of the site's assessments, I honestly appreciate that so much information is organized in such a helpful manner -- and it helps me track new releases, etc. An invaluable resource for me, as is this site!

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
I too love their level of detail, but I only ever search for a title via Google because... well, DVD Beaver. Is there a link to his letter? It's just as hard to find as a review.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I know there are naysayers regarding Gary's site, especially pertaining to his screen captures, but the guy just puts in such an amazing amount of time and effort (and probably money from his own pocket) to keep DVD Beaver up and running. and he provides us with pretty thorough information about release dates, including those overseas. And his screen captures are actually not very often way-y off base, to my eyes. His comparisons have quite a few times helped me to determine which version of a given title looks best in order to make a fairly informed purchasing decision, or to decide whether or not to bother with an upgrade from DVD,

Whatever else he might be, he is tried-and-true movie fanatic, and I have appreciated the seemingly endless info he has provided regarding bonus content, reviews, bit rates, links for purchase, etc. I don't know how many people other than himself (if any) are on his "staff," but I'm not going to abandoned him, and plan to make a donation. Who here would be willing to do the work required to replace him?

We need to step up to the plate. Consider his plea a Go Fund Me or Kickstarter to keep the place running.

SultanOfWhat

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I would contribute $5 to DVD Beaver once or twice a year like I do to several sites through random Paypal donations, but I don't want to have any recurring charge..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks