DVDaria -- Supporting Daria on DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alan Benard, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Alan Benard

Alan Benard Extra

To all who support a Daria DVD release:
    With the final movie, "Is it College Yet?", Daria will no longer appear on MTV. If you liked this program, please take a moment to support its release on DVD.
    DVDaria has been doing just that for the past nine months at http://geocities.com/dvdaria . We've collected more than 3,000 online signatures on a petition to MTV. We provide contact information for writing to MTV, and point folks toward a list of vendors to buy "Is it Fall Yet?"
    Contacts at Viacom have told us that strong sales of this first DVD will be what makes the difference for Daria. Logically, they'll only put out more episodes and the new movie if they see a demand. The US VHS releases stopped because sales were relatively poor, while stronger sales in the UK and other countries meant that five tapes have been released to date.
    If you want Daria released on DVD in Region 1, or any region, you must support "Is if Fall Yet?" If you have Daria fans for friends who don't use the Web for information, please encourage them to get the movie and write to MTV (address posted at DVDaria).
    We don't see any money from referrals or page views, or endorse vendors. We simply want to get Daria preserved in digital format.
    If you have questions or comments, you can reach me at [email protected]
    Thanks for your attention.
    Alan Benard
    DVDaria

2. John Chow

John Chow Second Unit

Cool, consider it signed.

I wasn't aware there was even a Daria dvd out. I guess I'll have to add it to my next order.

3. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

If that show gets a recommended patition, can we also get one to support Beavis and Butthead on dvd

4. Alan Benard

Alan Benard Extra

5. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

Just did, you can also encouage fans to visit www.ew.com for a review of the dvd release. I think it was given an A-

6. Alan Benard

Alan Benard Extra

Daria fans in the UK have discovered that the new DVD of the first movie, "Is it Fall Yet?", works on R2 players using NTSC-capable monitors, as long as the sync isn't derived from the mains -- meaning most newer TVs. Further tests indicate that the disc also works for equipment intended for regions 3-6, as well!
    Learn more about this and places to buy this so-far US-only release at this fansite (we don't see a dime for anything, even referrals or page views): http://www.the-wildone.com/dvdaria/buy.html
    Thanks! I hope this reaches some Daria fans outside the US.