What's new

DVD w/Harddrive (1 Viewer)

Michael G Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I wanted to upgrade my Bell basic receiver to the PVR. If I rent I have to pay a $75 installation fee for it to be professionally installed.
Since I cannot justify the $75 install - I am looking at the DVD reorders with the Harddrive.
I intend to use it to simply record tv and phase out the vcr.

BestBuy (canada) has the Sonar for $199 which I figure I can get some decent use out of - if this is the right model to get.

Any recommendations or should I try and get the bell pvr?

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
IMO get the Bell PVR. It has totally changed the way I watch TV and given we have two young kids its the only way we can keep up with any of the shows we watch.

Michael G Jones

Stunt Coordinator
That's the reason why I want to get one. We have a 4month old that gets fussy during prime time.
Its just hard to justfy the $75 install fee. I'll get the Mrs. to call - she'll probably get the install fee reversed by playing the bad cop.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Its worth trying as you've got nothing to loose. Try saying you're contemplating going with Rogers or something and see what they say ;)

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Yeah I haven;t really dealt with Bell much, But I know with Rogers, I've never paid any installation fees, Even when they say there is one. I just ask them to drop the installation fee. I usually say that the last time they dropped it for me, and they drop it again. This use to happen all the time when I would move back and forth from home to University.

Give it a try.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks