DVD vs. LD: Broken Arrow & Abyss

Discussion in 'DVD' started by AlexBC, May 3, 2003.

1. AlexBC

AlexBC Second Unit

Has anyone listened to both Dolby Digital LD and DVD of Broken Arrow and Abyss. Regarding sound, which format is the winner? Is there also much video difference (since the DVDs are non-anamorphic?

2. Dave Molinarolo

Dave Molinarolo Stunt Coordinator

I don't know, but these are 2 films I wanna pick up, but won't until they go anamorphic.

3. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

For Broken arrow, the DTS LD is the best. I have it and it is just awesome. I haven't heared the Abyss LD.

4. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

I remember doing a quick comparison of the Abyss DVD against the AC-3 LaserDisc and found very little, if any difference in the audio at all. It's a really good DVD, just a shame it's not anamorphic. Picture quality is still sparklin' though.

5. AlexBC

AlexBC Second Unit

I asked because I got a very good price on those and I'm very much excited about hearing some good LDs, after the posts that I read here.
    Anyway I ordered the Lost World DTS today, I can't wait to give it a try, since it's considered to be one of the best along with Casper and Jurassic Park

6. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Abbys was sourced from the same master[sound],I know that from the guy who did it,so it will be the same.I can't comment on Broken Arrow.