DVD/VCR Combo

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by SethH, Feb 28, 2004.

1. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

My mom works at an elementary school. She has a projector that she needs to hook up a vcr and dvd player. She'd really like a combo unit if possible. The problem is this: she says there are no composite jacks on the projector. She says there are component, S-Video, and VGA. All the combo units I've seen use only composite for the vcr. Are there any combo units that can pass the vcr signal through the s-video or component outputs? If not, what is the cheapest vcr that can be found with an S-Video output.

2. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

BUMP for help.

3. gregD

gregD Second Unit

4. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Best & lowest cost solution is to follow Greg's advice above but JVC does makes a Super VHS VCR/DVD Combo that will output both the VCR & DVD through the S-Video Output. The model number is HR-XVS44U & Crutchfield has it listed for $199.99

5. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Oh great, now the put out one that allows VHS and DVD to come through S-Video. Here we go again, I'll have to convince the wife that the current Samsung model should be used for our daughter's room and we should get this model for our bedroom. Tough battle especially for 200 smackers.

6. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Jerome, I've seen that JVC model for as low as $149.99 so check around maybe the wife will go for it at that price [​IMG]

7. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Bill, thanks, I will definetly look around especially after her comment for a DVD player for the Den. This might do it.

8. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

Well first off, you could get her one with component out to the projector and use the composite out to the s-video on the projector using an adapter. The component usually utilizes video1 and the s-video uses video2 on most TVs. This is probably true on the projector as well. This is the way I have my combo unit hooked up to the TV in my bedroom and it works very well.