DVD Tray Auto Open

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Greg*go, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? Whenever I Make a DVD-R or CDR the programs I use all open the tray when it is complete. Sometimes I walk away from the computer, and don't like the idea of having the tray open for an extended period of time. Is there an easy way through Windows to change the command so this doesn't happen? I've looked through the options of the programs I use, but none of them have the option to turn this feature off.

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Some software there is a setting in the config/options where you can make it so it won't pop out... i know nero does (or used to, havent gone into the settings of nero ultra).

3. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

My PC sits on the floor in our computer room.

I keep having this horrifying image of the shit-tzu accidently busting off the DVD burner tray. I know what you're talking about.

This is generally a software controlled setting. That's all I can tell you offhand.

4. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Nero Ultra doesn't seem to have this option in any of their option settings.

If there is no optoin to turn this off, then the software still has to be sending a command out to windows to open the tray, correct? If this is the case, then you should be able to alter the action that windows takes when it receives this command. At least that's my guess on the situation. It's hard to look for an answer with Google or Yahoo too because I dont' know exactly what it is I'm looking for.

5. Matt`G

Matt`G Agent

Nero Express, if you click "More" on bottom, then "Configure", then the "Expert Features" tab, the first checkbox is "Do not eject the disc after the burn is complete".

Seems odd that Express would have it but ultra wouldn't. You might want to double check. Other than that, not sure what to tell ya.

6. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Thanks Matt,
    I can access Express through Ultra, so I did it that way, then I was able to find it through the File/Preferences/ then the "Expert Features" tab. I find it odd that Nero considers that an "expert feature." But I guess it just shows what I know... part of the answer was in front of me the entire time.

The program I use the majority of the time uses Nero to burn the discs, so hopefully that will ease my concern.

edit: Changing the function in Nero didn't do the job, as my tray still opened. And I've looked in the advance options of DVDShrink, but it's a no-go. So now I'm at a loss again.