What's new

DVD to MP3 (1 Viewer)

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to take a few songs from my The Who 30 Years of Maximum R&B and put them on my Hardrive so i could listen to them at work.
Can I do this?

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Orion Studios , the makers of DirectDVD, have a software that does exactly that.
Now comes the big question:
Can I do this?
Greg is right in a sense, because this may constitute piracy if you use the software for illegal purposes. However, if you own the DVD, then I believe that you are allowed to do this for your own private use.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Yes do tread carfuly as to where this topic may lead. :)
For private use and providing you're not intending to make any money from ripping the tracks I'd consider it to be a shade under what one would perhaps deem piracy, I don't want to start a discussion on it since it's not realy HTF policy to even do that, but you physically own this DVD, you bought it, studios put things like isolated scores on DVDs a lot knowing people will copy them for private use, only when people copy and sell them on for personal profit or make them freely available to public (via the internet or what have you) do they get pissed off, going the way of the latter here is obviously wrong.
I'd say for personal use you are within your rights (I say this waiting to find out I am wrong only to have a fellow admin close this thread, right?
biggrin.gif
). That direct DVD software looks like I will do the trick, I may even try it myself.
Dan (UK)
------------------
Visit: Link Removed
Latest Review: Die Hard with A Vengeance SE

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for info.
All I want to be able to do is play the songs on my PC for my personal use.
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks