What's new

DVD to Mp3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
I've heard of people lifting audio commentaries and dropping them onto ipods.

How do you do this? I'd love to save some scores and dialogue as mp3s but none of my recorders seems to recognize the dvd in the DVD ROM.

Any suggestions?

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Your best bet would be to use the multichannel audio output from a home theatre DVD player. Would suggest setting the bass management in the player to sub off and fronts large and no surrounds. That way you should get everything mixed into the front L/R channels only. You can send the outputs to the inputs of your sound card and you are set. Note that this is analog out and not digital due to copy protection issues.

If you don't want to use the multichannel outs or don't have them, if there is a Stereo track on the DVD, set it to that track then pull the analog signals from the analog L/R of the DVD player)

Have a look for some sound recording software on download.com or some other sites for freeware or shareware. You could try goldwave or other packages. http://www.goldwave.ca/

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, PaulT's suggestion is fine, and if it's an applicable solution, great. Any further discussion of ripping the audio in a digital format from DVD that circumvents copy-protection is not allowable, so this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks