DVD Titles going Out-of-Print

RossMan

Stunt Coordinator
Is there a thread here or a site that updates titles going Out-of-Print?

Thanks,
RossMan

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the only titles that I know that are going to be out of print would the four current Harry Potter movies. Warner Bros. is putting the first three films (Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, and Prisoner of Azkaban) on moratorium on December 29. Goblet of Fire is expected to be follow suit on February 9, 2007. (This was reported by Home Media Retailing Magazine, so it's legit.)

I highly suspect this move will be to stoke HP DVD sales this holiday season and I suspect that in early 2007, Warner Bros. will release the first four movies on HD-DVD and Blu-ray to coincide with the theatrical release of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix or as a bigger money grab, re-release the first four movies in HD on the same day OOTP is released on DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray (which would probably be around December). I'm betting on the latter, though.

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
The four Pedro Almodovar movies Sony owns ("All About My Mother," "The Flower of My Secret," "Talk To Her," and "Bad Education") have just gone out of print. And "Bad Education" was released just 18 months ago.

donnie_d

Stunt Coordinator
someone posted this over forum.dvdalk.com today

"8 Films by Pedro Almodovar (Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown / All About My Mother / Talk To Her / The Flower Of My Secret / Live Flesh / Bad education / and for the first time [and only available in the set] Law Of Desire and Matador) is being released by Sony Home Entertainment on Jan. 30th, 2007! This is a 9 disc set!

The official announce date is November 20, when more details will be released. The suggested retail is set for $117.95. I've been waiting for "Matador" for years."

RossMan

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like you can add "Blood Simple" to the list. Looks like it recently went OOP but you can still find copies in stores.

-ross

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
conradfan