What's new

DVD Tech Question.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I'm in the process of creating some custom labels for my home made DVD R's, but a question. Is there any data for the disc contained in that clear plastic circle in the middle? Top Side of course..not on the writeable side.

The program that I have cuts out the middle section on the peice of sticky paper that the label is printed on, and I'm wondering if there's a reason for that..

Now I can enter the world of custom covers. It'll be interesting to see if I can come up with any good ideas :).

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
If it's clear, there is no data. You can label the hub section. Data side as well as label side.

There are often human readable numbers there that mean nothing to the consumer, and there are side a/b labels there on double-sided discs.

-Scott

David Susilo

Screenwriter
1. no
2. that's the place where the disc sits on the spindle motor and where the clamper sits on. Some of these clampers are magnetic. Adding an additional layer may minimize the magnetic field which makes the disc not clamped properly which may result in tiny slippages during spinning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks