What's new

DVD Suggestion: Super Speedway and Forumula One 2000: World Championship Review (1 Viewer)

Chikai

Auditioning
I was originally interested in purchasing just the Super Speedway DVD. I looked all over online and it seems like the original release is no longer available, but there is a "Mach II" version. So...

1) Does anyone know what the difference is between the original and Mach II

2) Amazon had suggested I buy "Forumla One 2000: World Championship Review" Has anyone seen it and is it worth purchasing (I get free shipping if I do)

3) Amazon also suggested "The Magic of Flight"...is that any good?

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
2) Amazon had suggested I buy "Forumla One 2000: World Championship Review" Has anyone seen it and is it worth purchasing
No, a complete waste of whatever money I spent on it. I'm a big F1 fan and found it to be boring and uninteresting.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Mach 2 most notably adds:
1) DTS
2) An anamorphic widescreen version. Keep in mind that the original format was IMAX and therefore the full frame transfer is the theatrical aspect ratio. The widescreen comes from picking a w/s image out of the original theatrical frame.
But Mach 2 still contains the full frame version too, so no loss there.
3) I think there is a small amount of extra footage. Not the Making Of though, as both versions contain that.
At the current $17 price, Mach 2 is an excellent investiment.
I enjoyed the F1 disc for what it was. It won't thrill like Super Speedway, but as a yearbook season wrap-up the F1 DVD is pretty nice. There are some good shots on there as well, just not enough. I would love to have an F1 wrap-up like this for every season to be honest, but I don't believe they made a 2001 or 2002 version (you would think Ferrari would have paid for it themselves :) ).

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
The 2000 summary disc is also the one that came free with purchases of F1 2001 for the PS2 here in the UK. Its ok, watching F1 in 5.1 is a novelty, but its a dull mix, reminding you just how high-pitched an F1 car is. Its also got a highly irritating commentary - I'm just not used to anyone other than Murray and co.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks