DVD Storage

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AllanP, Feb 27, 2002.

1. AllanP

AllanP Extra

Anyone steer me in the correct direction for a high quality DVD storage unit (preferably black wood & vertical, rather than lateral) to house my ever-growing collection? All suggestions appreciated:b

2. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    The racks on this site look interesting and should fit your need: CD Holdings . Shop around, though, for some of these items. I've seen them available from other vendors as well.
    Good shopping!

3. Mark Benford

Mark Benford Auditioning

I've been fighting the same problem. My collection passed 400 titles in January, and I only actually have storage available for about 150. The CD Holdings racks look good, especially the rotating towers. They'll fit nicely next to my RPTV, as they're about the right depth. I'll have to make sure they won't block the front speakers though.

Mark.

4. ace peterson

ace peterson Second Unit

Too bad you guys didn't live close to me. I'd make you a nice one to whatever dimensions you wanted!

5. Brad Eisenhauer

Brad Eisenhauer Stunt Coordinator

You might want to check out the following:
    http://www.sauder.com/productpage.as...=Entertainment
    I picked mine up at Lowe's for $100. It's currently holding my entire DVD collection (just over 100 discs, pretty small around here, I know,) my entire CD collection (~130 discs,) my Playstation games (handful,) and all of the VHS tapes that I actually think about watching anymore (~20). There's room for all of it in there. It's advertised as holding 268 DVDs, but I've seen taller versions of the same thing elsewhere.
    Just another suggestion.

6. gregstaten

gregstaten Supporting Actor

I'll be building mine for my theater from a design created by my retired architect father. Very simple and clean. It uses 1x6 boards, 1" dowels, and 1/8" steel rods. I won't build 'em until mid April, but they are really simple to do, especially if you have a drill press. And, they break down easily for transport.

-greg