What's new

dvd storage (1 Viewer)

I have a large built-in entertainment center that was designed by me and built mostly by my father-in-law with the grunt work by me.

The center section is 42" wide, and the bottom 36" (below the TV) is divided by a vertical center support and has doors on each side.

In this "lower section" - I also have a horizontal shelf, so behind the doors are 4 equal-sized sections, roughly 19" wide by 13" high. I hope that makes sense, otherwise I'll try and get a picture.

Anyway, 2 of the 4 sections are filled up with electronics components, but the other two are empty. I'd like to use them for cd/dvd/game storage.

So- sorry for the long-winded intro- I'm looking for advice on how best to use the space. The cabinet is 26" deep, so just stacking dvds upfront is a waste of 90% of the space. I'm thinking of something on rollers that can pull out and access the entire depth of the cabinet.

Does anyone make holders or "platforms" (not even sure what they'd be called) that are molded to have notches pre-made DVD size? I don't know where to begin looking for such a thing...

Maybe just a pull-out bin that I can throw everything in? That might be simpler, but less organized...

Your advice appreciated! Thanks- Kyle

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
search DVD on rockler.com and you will be hooked up they have 6 foot tabby things that can be cut and put horizontally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks