DVD Storage, best way?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Jan 12, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I have a growing collection of 77 DVD's. Strange since I've been buying them ever since they first came out starting with my first, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(wich now plans to have a Directors Edition with extra footage). But now I'm running into problems storing them.

I would like a good bookcase solution, but not sure on where to look for 'em. Any ideas? It would be great if there was one where the TV would go in the middle, DVD and VCR underneath, and the DVD's on top...

2. Rob Robinson

Rob Robinson Second Unit

For something that specific, try building your own with Metro wire shelving. It's available anywhere- container store, Ace Hardware Superstores, all over.

Otherwise, check out IKEA. I bought a rad dvd rack, fairly inexpensively. I have a pic somewhere, I can post if you like...

3. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

There are some really good storage ideas in this thread.

4. mctague

mctague Stunt Coordinator

Costco has a pretty decent mid-sized cabinet right now. Oak (or something like that), labeled as holding 500+ CDs, but the shelves are adjustable for DVDs too. It has shelves built into the doors too, so it packs a pretty good punch & looks nice when the doors are closed.

5. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

At the moment, I keep mine on a book case. I'll definitely have to find a new spot for them someime later this year since I'm kind of running out of space.