What's new

dvd sound drop outs (1 Viewer)

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
i have a samsung h841, cant remember the model #, but for some odd reason whenever im listening to a dts movie the sound drops in and out from time to time. has anybody ever heard of problems like this or wxperienced? what causes ot to do that? i tried switching between coax and interlink, but still the same thing. what can i do?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If it happens on both coax and optical, then it is likely a player problem. Have you tried analog also? If it does it on analog as well, you may have a defective player.

How do you have the player setup? Your digital audio settings are the first thing I'd look at. It should be set to "bitstream". When you play a DTS disc does the receiver say DTS or NEO:6?

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Alan, I also have this player and noticed the problem you mentioned while playing the DTS track on "Man on Fire." It happened more so during the beginning of the film and stopped dropping out during most of the movie. I have played other movies in DTS on my Samsung and the audio dropout hasn't happened on them. Now I don't know is it is the disc or what, but "Man on Fire" has a DD 5.1 track, the aforementioned DTS track, a French DD Surround track (4.0) and a Spanish Surround track and the movie is 2.5 hours long. Cramming this much stuff onto one disc could cause that problem, but I don't know. The DD 5.1 track plays fine though with no dropouts at all. I am going to play another long DTS encoded disc like "Gladiator" and will get back to you if my player exhibits dropuots in DTS.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Allan, I have now been watching "Gladiator" for almost an hour in the DTS mode with absolutely NO sound dropouts whatsoever. My Sherwood receiver has not had the settings changed on it at all so I know it is not the receiver. I think it is disc based to tell you the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks