What's new

DVD Shrine has All In The Family specs! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvdshrine.com/story.shtml?id=8969&cat=current
* 3 Disc Set
* Complete 1st Season
* 3/26/02 Street Date
* $24.95 SRP; $19.95 MAP
allinthefamilymenu.jpg

Link Removed Boy, the way Glenn Miller played... Link Removed
:D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I have mixed feelings about All in the Family--particularly the first few episodes--but $24.95 for an entire season? That just cannot be passed up.

Now, if they do the same for Sanford and Son, I'll pass out, do the happy monkey dance, or anything else I can think of to express my everlasting joy.

Cynthia

Stunt Coordinator
This is definitely on the top of my must-buy list. :)
I hope this TV on DVD trend continues!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
This can't be good for Columbia House sales? But hey! It's their own fault. They should know what the public wants.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
This is great news, I was awaiting confirmation of this set. I do wonder and worry about the running time though, as the first season is 13 episodes with a average 25 minute running time equals 325 minutes, but the small print says Approx. 286 minutes. I worry that these are going to be edited episodes that have been making the rounds on Nick at Night.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
Wow this is just great news, not only because All In The Family is such a classic show, but because of the downward trend in pricing we are seeing on TV product. The studios must be really surprised by the numbers on Simpsons, MASH, Xfiles etc to be offering complete seasons at these amazing prices. One has to wonder if Fox will bring out the next Simpsons sets at a lower MSRP than previously assumed.

All I can say is more please, and who the hell has the rights to the Andy Griffith Show? Viacom/Paramount?

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
This is great. Great value price too. Will this be avaible at stores or is this like a catalog mail order thing?

~Kevin

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
All I got to say is wow! Ihave no other words. The first full season uncut for $20 ! It's no better time to be a fan of TV on DVD ! No I actually have hope of "Green Acres" on DVD ! This is really Excellent news .

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
The Next Generation? Whoops. I feel like an idiot. Still does anyone know if it's just mail order?

~Kevin

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
My God.....

TNG Season 1

All in the family Season 1

Space 1999 Season 2 Vol 1 & 2

Allon the same day..... god help my wallet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
It will be available at stores -- if it's real. I hope it's real, but don't forget all the hoax DVD covers and screen shots circulating on the Internet for other movies.

The 286 minutes could have simply been an estimate by someone at Columbia who thought that TV shows have always run 22 minutes. Or it could be the estimate of a hoaxer who didn't know how long the actual episodes ran. Even if true, looks like absolutely no extras. But if it is true, I'm definitely cancelling my Columbia House subscription.

The more I look at it, though, the more suspicious I get. Three discs for only thirteen 25-minute episodes, with no extra material? That's only about 5 hours and 40 minutes. Why would you need 3 discs? Two would be plenty. And anyway, 3 discs for a suggested retail price of 24.95? Two for that price, maybe, but three? It sounds suspicious to me.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
YOU MEATHEAD!

anybody else want Alf season sets? heh, I have been catching lots of episodes on the Hallmark channel and it is still really funny...

ST: The Next Generation is going to kill me enough but...oh man, so many DVDs in 2002 and so little money... time to sell my soul at no reserve on EBAY again :-D

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Brian,
I think that the extreme skepticism is unfounded.
The 286 minutes could have simply been an estimate by someone at Columbia who thought that TV shows have always run 22 minutes.
Or it could be that case that TV shows DO run 22 minutes and it is therefore accurate.
Also, Columbia has a 3-disc release of The Blue and The Gray with a $27.95 MSRP, found here.
To me it doesn't seem that far-fetched.
-Chad

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Or it could be that case that TV shows DO run 22 minutes and it is therefore accurate.
Nope, cause the DVD's that are already out thru Columbia House have episodes that are 25 minutes long. So, it's either an error, or these are the edited episodes from Nick at Nite. I pray that it's a mistake.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
No, CURRENT television shows run 22 minutes. Back in the early 70s, they ran 25 minutes. I know -- I have the first All in the Family DVD from Columbia House, with the first 4 episodes. They're about 25 minutes a piece.

And The Blue and the Gray is nearly an hour longer than the first season of All in the Family, so that could account for the three discs. Also, NO OTHER WEB SITE is reporting on this. I hope I'll eat crow... but I'll believe it when I see it.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Brian,

I think that I was only advocating against the extreme skepticism. I agree that some skepticism is necessary. Unfortunately being that DVDShrine posted this late Friday night it might be Monday before any of the other sites post anything on this true or not.

My point about The Blue and The Gray is only one of cost and cost alone. I think it is feasible for Columbia to have 3-discs for $25.

For what it is worth, I agree with you. I was only playing devil's advocate (not very well I guess).

-Chad

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Expecting syndicated re-run cuts of the episodes makes about as much sense as expecting Monsters Inc. to be the Wonderful World of Disney TV cut... not much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks